The Supervisor, Patient Accounting (Lab) is responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Patient Accounting department to maintain operational continuity, respond to needs as necessary and delegate appropriately to teammates. This position develops new processes to provide service excellence, maintains and develops staffing requirements, and ensures teammate development and coaching for performance improvement. This position reports to the Manager, Patient Accounting.
• Supervises teammates’ work output for accuracy and provide feedback to teammates on individual and group performance
o Develop, maintain, communicate, and implement workflow processes, policies, procedures, and guidelines
o Use productivity reports to identify training opportunities to improve individual and team performance; perform one-on-one and group training as needed
• Maintains reporting continuity, integrity, and communication among departments
• Researches and resolve special projects or issues with a focus on large, problematic payors
• Participates in quality assurance reviews and training as requested
• Knows, understand, and comply with all department and company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, HIPPA guidelines, SOX requirements, etc.
• Serve as department subject matter expert for respective teams
• Maintains working knowledge of respective department system(s)
• Travel required: up to 5%
• Provide leadership to direct reports
o Facilitating the resolution of organizational obstacles encountered
o Knowing, understanding, implementing, following and communicating to teammates DaVita’s employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment
o Assisting in teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training) collaborating with direct reports to create professional development goals
• Manages all teammate employment activity such as hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required
• Plans, organizes and supervises teammates to ensure high quality teammate customer service:
o Provides work direction for department teammates
o Determines staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates; ensure coverage during teammate absences
• Maintains teammate records to include written performance evaluation of all staff records to be kept in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws:
o Ensures accurate, timely processing of Workday tasks
o Evaluates, records and processes teammate reviews and compensation according to company policy and in a timely manner
o Reviews and approves time cards of teammates as required for payroll
• Knows, understands, follows and implements basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment
• Develops and conducts educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to provide knowledgeable, accurate work output.
• Maintains familiarity with and communicates to teammates DaVita programs impacting teammates including by not limited to Triple Crown
• Other duties as assigned
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 145,000 patients and perform 37 million renal tests annually.We make a difference. Our work provides insightful lab data for pharmaceutical and biotech research for the discovery and development of new therapies and diagnostics. We store over 500,000 biological samples for use in present and future clinical studies. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. With the backing of the overall DaVita Healthcare Partners brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or a combination of education and progressively responsible work experience in an analytical and leadership role may be substituted in lieu of degree on a year-for-year basis
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in report preparation and data analysis required
o Demonstrated experience in requirement gathering, reporting platforms, data warehouse, and mathematical concepts required
o Demonstrated strategy and data-based decision-making experience required
• Minimum of two (2) years’ healthcare experience preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years’ supervisory experience preferred
• Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Access required; intermediate skills in MS Word and Outlook required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.