At DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a contract research organization, a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., we use our extensive, applied database and real-world healthcare experience to assist pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of retrospective, prospective and pragmatic clinical trials.
DCR’s scientific and clinical expertise spans the lifecycle of product development with more than 175 client companies over the last 30+ years. Unlike most contract research organizations, we are part of an integrated company that provides healthcare.
This unique structure enables us to integrate real-world experience and de-identified data with our operational excellence, superior customer service, and flexibility. From clinical trial design and execution to health outcomes research and publication planning, we offer a range of services to help with your project, regardless of where it is in the product life cycle.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The Pharmacy Manager will be responsible for providing pharmacy oversight and services in accordance with Federal (FDA GCP), OSHA, state, and local regulations. This position will also serve as a preceptor for pharmacy interns and supervisors of pharmacy personnel
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Attend education sessions on trial conduction or research projects
- Maintain current knowledge of research protocols
- Create Pharmacy manual for all Compounding protocols
- Reviews protocol and Investigators brochure with PI, and Sub PI.
- Ability to understand the class of drug being tested
- Ability to understand prohibited medication list by drug and class based on PK.
- Advise on SAE, AE and potential risk associated with drug and drug class being tested
- Comply with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the state board of pharmacy, the drug enforcement administration, and the food and drug administration
- Oversee and conduct pharmacy activities required by study protocols.
- Medication profile completed on all study subjects
- Advises teammates, research professionals of any prohibited medication subject is taking as related to the protocol
- Advise of potential drug interactions, possible side effects, storage information, and instructions on how to use the product
- Performs pharmacy operational requirements for drug inventory (accepting, storing, dispensing, destruction, and quarantine)
- Prepares sterile products for administration, determines proper preparation, sterilization, storage and stability requirements of products
- Inventories, orders, and maintains supply of drugs, chemicals, and other pharmaceutical stock as required
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, quality improvement meetings, educational activities, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Complete documentation and chain of custody as related to all medications and protocol related activities.
- On Call 24/7 for All pharmacy related responsibilities
- Teammate Management
- Provide leadership to direct reports
- Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered during projects
- Provide direct supervision and work direction for department teammates
- Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates; ensure coverage during teammate absences
- Recruit, train, motivate and coach teammates to achieve continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Assist in the development and maintenance of teammate training, reference, SOPs and audit tools.
- Know, understand, implement follow, and communicate to teammates of DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within the company and foster a positive work environment
- Ensure all DaVita employment processes are completed in a timely manner and in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws including but not limited to PCNs, Performance Development Reviews, teammate personnel file maintained, etc.
- Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
- Maintain familiarity with and communicate to teammates DaVita programs impacting teammates
- Address teammate relations issues appropriately and escalate as necessary
- Understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment
- Review and approve time cards of direct reports for bi-weekly payroll
- Track overtime, attendance, and PTO
- Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulation impacting work, and other information necessary to maintain teammates' knowledge of department processes and goals
- Know, understand, follow, and implement safety and security policies and procedures
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited School of Pharmacy AND completion of a Pharmacy internship
- Licensed as a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Colorado (Rph) OR have the ability to register as a licensed Registered Pharmacist in the State of Colorado.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience as a Pharmacist is required
- Supervisory experience is preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems within 90 days of hire or promotion required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Self-directed; demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including ability to listen effectively and to communicate information clearly and effectively especially to subjects and subject family members who may be unfamiliar with medical terms
- Interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates and subjects
- Ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience with varying levels of understanding related to Clinical Research
- Ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Approachable and open
- Time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities according to clinical standards; high degree of initiative
- Ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning sponsor and subject information
- Strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- ·Ability and willingness to mentor and coach teammates
- Commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate and/or subject needs
- Empathy, consideration, and respect for subjects and teammates
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English with clarity of expression sufficient to communicate technical and complex concepts to teammates, patients, and patient family members in clear and easily understandable terms required
- Ability to understand clinical/medical vocabulary written or spoken in English required.
- Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
- Ability to pass color vision test if applicable.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, and use full range of body motions
- Ability to hear and interact by phone and in person clearly and efficiently
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals as needed
LEVEL I - Job required tasks routinely involve a potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids, tissues or potential spills or splashes. Use of appropriate personal protection measures is required for every healthcare provider in these positions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice