At DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a contract research organization, a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., we use our extensive, applied database and real-world healthcare experience to assist pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of retrospective, prospective and pragmatic clinical trials.
DCR’s scientific and clinical expertise spans the lifecycle of product development with more than 175 client companies over the last 30+ years.
Unlike most contract research organizations, we are part of an integrated company that provides healthcare.
This unique structure enables us to integrate real-world experience and de-identified data with our operational excellence, superior customer service, and flexibility. From clinical trial design and execution to health outcomes research and publication planning, we offer a range of services to help with your project, regardless of where it is in the product life cycle
This position will be based in our Minneapolis location. The Registered Nurse will perform study procedures and subject-care related to specific trial requirements to ensure that protocol specifications are being met and to ensure sponsor requirements are met.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Provide nursing care and oversight for clinical trial patients to ensure appropriate care for subjects and that trial requirements are met
- Communicate subject or trial procedure information to the Research Unit Supervisor, Charge Nurse, Investigator, and/or Project Manager on an ongoing basis to ensure the safety and integrity of subjects and to ensure data collected for trials
- Ensure compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP), regulatory, and protocol requirements
- Perform and maintain source documentation, data collection, drug accountability, Adverse Event (AE) reporting, lab specimen collection, and lab processing for all
- Establish and maintain positive external relationships with dialysis centers and other research partners to ensure effective communications and a streamlined process during trials
- Maintain current awareness and knowledge of research protocols; attend education sessions provided to research staff on trial conduction or research projects
- Assist in recruiting existing subjects for future trials to ensure study timelines are met
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime or different shifts as needed
- Provide on-call coverage as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Meet all annual competency and skills tests/checklists as applicable
- Know facility emergency plans and demonstrate ability to act swiftly, confidently in an emergency
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current RN license in state of practice required
- Hemo-Dialysis experience is required
- Ability to work evening/night/weekend shifts as necessary to support study schedules.
- Minimum of one (1) year’s clinical nursing experience strongly preferred
- Current CPR certification required
- Electrocardiogram experience preferred
- Phlebotomy skills preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word Outlook required
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.