No Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning
environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. The company's clinical outcomes for dialysis have improved for the past decade, and in many key areas measuring quality dialysis care, we lead the nation. As of September 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,318 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 199,000 patients. The company also operated 139 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
The DaVita in-house team is known as the "Justice League or the JLD." The Justice League is comprised of over 190 attorneys, paralegals, and professionals. The attorneys are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
Located in Denver, CO, the Sr. Corporate Counsel will provide comprehensive legal counsel on all data privacy and security laws and related regulations in partnership with our entrepreneurial IT development leadership, to ultimately extend care beyond our clinics and enable a better experience for our teammates, physician partners and most importantly, our patients and their care partners.
- Provide legal advice on data privacy and security laws and regulations with emphasis on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH), and related rules and regulations
- Perform privacy regulatory review with focus on IT clinical systems development
- Analyze complex privacy regulatory issues and present recommendations in oral and written form
- Collaborate with IT development teams to ensure that new technologies and services comply with applicable data privacy requirements
- Assist with negotiations of data privacy and security provisions in internal and 3rd party contracts/agreements
- Provide assistance in developing and monitoring processes to assist business units in complying with privacy laws and regulations
- Partner with development teams to ensure that new introductions of technology or services comply with applicable data privacy requirements, including review of related contractual agreements
- Contribute to privacy education content and provide periodic best practices updates to business leadership
- Assist in the coordination of data breach responses, regulatory investigations, or other inquiries regarding privacy
- Provide counsel to the executive teams
- Coordinate with other legal groups on regulatory, risk, compliance, and operational issues
- Provide accurate updates and reporting on privacy related regulatory risks to IT and other senior leadership
- Ability to handle legal and administrative work, help on management processes
- Outside counsel management
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
A successful Senior Director, Corporate Counsel Candidate will have the following qualifications:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- J.D. Degree with minimum 5-8 years legal experience in HIPAA and state privacy compliance
- Prior legal experience in complex regulatory compliance issues
- State Bar Admission and good standing
- Understanding and experience with relevant health care privacy and security issues (i.e., audits, investigations, breach mitigation, etc.)
- Understanding and experience with IT systems and clinical IT development
- Ability to interpret new laws and regulations and communicate advice to senior management and line personnel
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Unquestioned integrity
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Maturity and strong interpersonal skills; one whose counsel and judgment is sought
- A keen understanding of business, the ability to diagnose legal problems, and present sensible solutions and alternatives
- The ability to effectively manage time and resources to accomplish ambitious work volume and goals in budget
- A bright individual who is a "quick study" and grasps issues quickly
- Good stamina and humor; able to work well under pressure in a fast moving, dynamic company
- A team participant who can move beyond being just the lawyer to the team
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.