No Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning
environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here's what you can expect as a [insert type] Director at DaVita:
The Corporate Director - Operations Strategy and Innovation will work on high priority initiatives by collaborating with senior leaders of DaVita. Topics will likely include:
• Operationalizing growth strategies across Healthcare Partners, Kidney Care, and DaVita Strategic Business Units
• Large-scale operating model changes to drive efficiencies and prepare for healthcare reform
• Integrated care business model development
• Introduction and incubation of disruptive medical technologies
• Commercializing portfolio of assets
• Business unit-specific operations strategy
The Director should possess strong leadership experience, as well as a track record of continuous improvement project successes with solid ROI. The Director will lead a team of highly motivated individuals with management consulting, investment banking and clinical experience, and is expected to effectively manage individual work streams and communicate recommendations to business unit leads and senior executives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads a portfolio of operations improvement and innovation projects, delivering against complex business needs and clinical requirements
- Mentors analysts and managers, and advances their professional development plans
- Demonstrates first-principles thinking in analyzing problems and engaging with teammates
- Leverages hypotheses-based approach to identify, validate and quantify opportunities
- Develops and improves credible and pragmatic analytical approaches and frameworks
- Leverages continuous improvement tools (Lean, Six-Sigma, PDCA) to structure and incubate improvement opportunities
- Supports building complex models and conducts financial planning and analyses to assess impact on business metrics
- Conveys findings in a cohesive story, including summarizing insights from analysis; Builds appropriate horizontal and vertical logic in presentation decks
- Presents comfortably and compellingly to senior audiences
- Works closely with teammates in the clinics and develops long-standing relationships with operators and clinicians
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- 4-6 years of post-graduate experience in management consulting, investment banking or a corporate strategy role preferred; 10+ years of total work experience in progressive roles
- MBA from a top-tier business school or graduate degree in a healthcare related field (MD, MPH, MHA) preferred
- Experience leading large-scale business transformation teams with tangible impact on operating/financial performance
- B.S degree in Engineering (Industrial, Manufacturing preferred)
- 5 years of healthcare Provider or Managed Care experience is preferred
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Minitab experience
- Fluency in facilitating Value Stream Mapping sessions and Process Mapping sessions
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence / motivate teams
- Highly detail oriented, with the ability to coordinate initiatives with little supervision
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills at all levels of an organization
- Ability to apply independent thought and judgment, organize work priorities and meet specific objectives under tight project deadlines
- Ability to organize and manage multiple concurrent projects
- Team oriented; promotes unity in achieving goals.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.