This position is an integral member of the People Services Teammate Relations team for assigned segments of DaVita’s business, providing subject matter expertise in teammate (employee) relations and investigations. This position is responsible for investigating and responding to internal and external complaints, and handling other complex, high-risk or sensitive Teammate relations (TMR) cases. This position reports to the Sr.Teammate Relations Manager and partners closely with operations, field people services, legal, compliance and Teammate Relations Advisors.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Investigates and responds to internal and external complaints, and handles other complex, high-risk, or sensitive TMR cases
- Provides consultation, guidance and coaching to supervisors, managers and People Services Managers (PSMs) to address teammate behavior and performance concerns; provide guidance and assist with the development and delivery of appropriate feedback or corrective/disciplinary actions
- Partners with legal team to prepare strategy and responses to third-party EEOC, OFCCP, and other governmental charges and requests as well as threatened litigation; participate as needed with legal cases
- Partners with field People Services on as-needed basis, keeping field PS and the business appropriately informed and involved during investigations and other teammate relations work
- Works with field People Services and business managers to appropriately address high risk TMR issues, reports findings and proactively address trends impacting the business; acts as subject matter expert for teammate relations training developed by PSMs
- Provides guidance and assists with delivery of Performance Improvement Plans or other corrective/disciplinary actions for sensitive cases
- Maintains required documentation within case management system (i-Sight), including intake, investigative notes, supporting documents and final reports
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the laws and policies affecting the TMR processes, programs and/or strategies; monitoring changes is laws and policies improve TMR initiatives to continuously align with legal and regulatory guidelines
- Leverages analytical findings of TMR data to identify organizational, functional, and systemic trends
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50% of time (can be unpredictable/unplanned)
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Extensive experience conducting and documenting workplace investigations required
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Human Resource Management or other related field preferred, Master’s Degree preferred
- Five (5) or more years of HR experience; three (3) years of which must be with employee relations and investigations responsibility
- Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional (SPHR) in Human Resources preferred
- Large, multi-site company experience preferred
- Subject matter expert in one or more specialized regulatory areas (e.g. EEOC, ADA) or TMR areas of expertise preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.