This role will support our VillageHealth program and initiatives. Our Medical Billing and Coding Specialist will work with our clinicians on identifying better ways to code, how to become more efficient in coding and to catch/address any opportunities before submission. (The Certified Medical Coder and Billing Specialist reviews charges submitted by providers for accuracy and ensures effective claim submission to the health plan.) This role is vital to our success and continued support of our patients.
- Effectively and efficiently work with ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS reference books for proper billing.
- Code ICD-10 diagnoses, link appropriate diagnoses with CPT procedure codes, and correct any incorrect coding by provider.
- Utilize acute knowledge of HCC coding specificity requirements to perform medical chart reviews and identify missed or erroneous HCC coding.
- File electronic claims within 48-72 hours of entry.
- Provide feedback query (sendbacks) to providers in instances of coding-related problems.
- Work with insurance and data entry for accuracy with billing and data entry problems.
- Assist providers and clinician staff with billing problems and concerns.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Demonstrate and exemplify behavior consistent with DaVita’s core values – service excellence, integrity, team, continuous improvement, accountability, fulfillment, fun.
- Attend assigned meetings or functions as specified by supervisor.
- Maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures, OSHA and other related regulations and guidelines, and ensure department compliance.
- Attend and complete all required training and development to include annual compliance training.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning
environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Minimum: 2+ years of experience in claims processing or provider configuration
Preferred: Medical audit experience
Preferred: Experience with ICD9/10 codes, CPT codes, HCC coding, Medicare Advantage contracts and/or financial analysis
Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement/delivery.
Knowledge of electronic medical records/billing systems and medical terminology and abbreviations
Decision making ability that requires the use of considerable judgment in the analysis of data and the problems/errors resulting from the analysis.
Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
Possess high accuracy, efficiency, and dependability.
Possess strong organizational skills.
Ability to perform multiple tasks
Communicate effectively, establish and maintain an effective working relationship within other areas of the organization.
Ability to work in fast paced environment with changing priorities.
Associates degree in related field preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.