At DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a contract research organization, a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., we use our extensive, applied database and real-world healthcare experience to assist pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of retrospective, prospective and pragmatic clinical trials.
DCR’s scientific and clinical expertise spans the lifecycle of product development with more than 175 client companies over the last 30+ years.
Unlike most contract research organizations, we are part of an integrated company that provides healthcare.
This unique structure enables us to integrate real-world experience and de-identified data with our operational excellence, superior customer service, and flexibility. From clinical trial design and execution to health outcomes research and publication planning, we offer a range of services to help with your project, regardless of where it is in the product life cycle.
This position performs study procedures and subject-care related to specific trial requirements to ensure that protocol specifications are being met and to ensure sponsor requirements are met. This Research Paramedic reports to the Director or Supervisor of Clinical Operations.
This position is a night shift position. The individual must be able to work a 12 hour shift from 6:30pm to 6:30am.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides medical care and oversight for clinical trial patients to ensure appropriate care for subjects and that trial requirement are met.
- Communicates subject or trial procedure information to the Operations Supervisor, Charge Nurse, Investigators, Project Managers and Project Coordinators on an ongoing basis to ensure the safety and integrity of subjects and to ensure data collected for trials.
Ensures compliance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP), regulatory, and protocol requirements.
Records study data and maintains source documentation according to Good Documentation Practices.
Maintains current awareness and knowledge of research protocols; attends required protocol training sessions.
Assists with inventory, order and stocking of food, linens and supplies.
Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the clinical research unit.
Knows, understands, and follows teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures. Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position.
Provides consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled.
Other duties as assigned.
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- Ability to work night shift - 12 hour shift - 6:30pm to 6:30am. Hours may vary as necessary to support study schedules.
- Current NREMT certification required
- Current Paramedic certification in state of practice required
- Current CPR certification required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook required
- Minimum of two or more years of paramedic or EMT experience preferred
- ACLS certification strongly preferred
- Electrocardiogram experience preferred
- Phlebotomy skills preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.