GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position provides substantive transactional and health care regulatory legal work, legal support and project management in support of DaVita’s health care regulatory attorneys including but not limited to review and revision of transactional documents relating to health care transactions, due diligence review, evaluation, organization, analysis and communication of legal and health care regulatory risks and concepts. This position periodically assists other team members on special projects, as needed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Serve as paralegal resource for assigned health care regulatory and transactional areas
- Review and revise transactional documents for health care transactions
- Conduct document reviews (including contracts, due diligence materials, audit materials, financial information, business records, etc.) for health care transactional due diligence
- Conduct legal research of state and federal laws, regulations, and policies; prepare legal memoranda summarizing research
- Apply legal principles and judgment to the identification, analysis, and solution of legal issues relating to health care regulatory and transactional matters
- Prepare, review and revise complex legal documents as directed by attorneys
- Maintain electronic database and files for health care regulatory and transactional matters
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s degree or Certificate in Paralegal Studies required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ paralegal experience required; transactional and/or healthcare experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Experience with Workshare and FileSite strongly preferred
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Excellent organizational, attention to detail, and follow through skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Self-directed; able to work independently and as a member of a teamand to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated analytical ability to recognize issues, respond accordingly, research and obtain resolution to problems
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.