GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This role assists the with the negotiation, renewal and procurement of the Company’s domestic and international Casualty and Liability insurance, inclusive of the Company’s Management Liability programs. The position also directly responsible for conducting risk diligence around new acquisitions, contract reviews, and managing certain executive claim matters. This individual also oversees a surety bond program, along with placement and renewal of monopolistic Worker’s Compensation placements. This role must have a solid understanding of enterprise risk management given the individual must be able to develop and maintain trusted, collaborative relationships with Executive Leadership, internal Audit Committee, and Board members to promote an appropriate level of engagement in risk management activities. This individual works closely with various global insurance brokers, claims administrators, service vendors, and defense counsel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Assist with renewal and procurement of Property and Liability Insurance, including surety bonds and monopolistic Work Comp policy placements.
- Collect, analyze, and submit insurance data to brokers, evaluate collateral requirements, review renewal proposals, and present proposals to Senior Executives.
- Review corporate contracts to ensure adequacy of insurance and indemnification language.
- Conduct in-depth risk management diligence on Company related Mergers and Acquisitions.
- Monitor emerging risks in the organization by staying closely tracking changing business shifts.
- Oversee the insurance certificate process for all geographies.
- Generate metric reporting and performs analysis to identity trends and challenges.
- Hire and directs risk and claims staff to include performance evaluations
- Provide training and education on insurance program and process, as needed or requested.
- Escalate exceptions, outliers that are out-of-norm, and seek guidance in resolution.
- Participate in meetings, prepare and present presentations, and collaborate on special projects
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Knows understand, and follow employment policies, department and Company procedures
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel is required
- Travel required: up to 25%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field.
- Associate Risk Management (ARM) or CPCU designation is preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience with managing commercial insurance programs.
- Excellent time management capabilities along with an acquired superior knowledge of the theory and practice of risk management coupled with analytical ability and demonstrated experience of good judgment with legal liability and coverage.
- Solid leadership qualities in the supervision of staff with ability to motivate direct reports.
- Proven knowledge of insurance and business contracts, including legal aspects of court procedures affecting legal liability.
- Superior organizational and written/verbal communication skills required.
- Superior investigative and problem-solving abilities required.
- Self-motivated with superior ability to work in teams and managing multiple deadlines.
- Excellent MS Office, especially Excel, and industry claims systems needed.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to the Company’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and initiative in working within departmental and corporate guidelines, including the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively throughout all levels of the organization with audiences of varying degrees of familiarity with material.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at various levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
- Self-directed; able to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment.
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, critical thinking, and innovative problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
- Strong understanding of business process with the ability to deliver requested output timely and accurately.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening; ability to analyze information quickly and accurately with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.