This role is based in Cincinnati, Ohio and will report directly to the Group Vice President of DaVita Operations for the Southeast, Team Trailblazers. In this role you will be joining the senior leadership team responsible for operating approximately 350 dialysis clinics in seven states. Our mission is to provide lifesaving dialysis treatment to 20,000 patients, which helps them have more time to spend with family and friends and contribute to their communities. DaVita’s vision is to become the greatest healthcare company the world has ever seen, within our Trailblazer group that translates to Be the life!. In this role you will determine the clinical vision and lead the clinical strategy for our organization with transformational thinking that advances nursing, our culture of patient safety, and our clinical outcomes. You will also be a thought partner and strong collaborator to the operational members of our senior team. In addition to being a strategic leader, you will roll up your sleeves and work shoulder to shoulder with our clinic and regional leaders to overcome obstacles, educate, and set process in an effort to deliver best in class outcomes and ensure our clinics surpass state/federal standards. As the operating group’s most senior clinical leader you will also act as a role model for the 4000+ teammates (employees) who provide patient care in our clinics.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position functions as the senior clinical lead responsible for setting our clinical strategy, driving quality outcomes, and overseeing clinical education. This position will also generally elevate the strength of nursing/clinical services in Team Trailblazers. The Senior Director is responsible for building relationships with external clinical leaders (CNO, CMO, Nephrologist etc.) in key geographies where patient outcomes could benefit from external collaboration. There is also opportunity for inter-professional collaboration with peer group departments like Risk, Survey Outcome Support, Office of CMO, etc.
The Senior Director leads the clinical services team, including six division-based Directors of Clinical Services and a team of 35 Clinical Service Specialists. The efforts of this executive leader will also have a significant connection to and impact on the 4000+ teammates (employees) who provide patient care in our dialysis clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Drive best in class quality outcomes
- Lead continuous quality improvement activities
- Monitor and report on adverse occurrence investigation process
- Ensure adherence to clinical policy and procedure via education programs and setting standards – complete gap assessment based on outcomes with action plans for improvement where necessary
- Identify issues that require the establishment of clinical policies and procedures or recommend modification to existing policies and procedures
- Ensure all new clinical teammates complete the appropriate training
- Ensure the timely completion of ongoing clinical training
- Direct the implementation of training materials/revisions from the national education team
- Identify and communicate professional development needs across the region and ensure a continuing clinical education program is in place
- Ensure all new and existing clinics exceed state/federal requirements
- Ensure adherence to the DaVita compliance program
- Ensure that proper documentation is submitted when required to the appropriate regulatory agencies
- Provide oversight of the audit process(s) to ensure regulatory compliance and consistency in approach
- Assist in developing action plans and strategies for addressing deficiencies in partnership with operations management
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and practice guidelines that impact nursing practice
- Management and Leadership
- Develop a collaborative and unified team
- Leverage opportunities for inter-professional collaboration with peer group departments like Risk, Survey Outcome Support, Office of CMO, etc.
- Ensure Right Person/Right Attitude/Right Job (RPRARJ) within clinical services team
- Provide coaching and leadership including effective performance feedback within clinical team
- Ensure quality of clinical preceptor team, via support and development programs
- Participate in operations reviews and strategy sessions
- Effectively engage external healthcare organizations to promote positive relationships and effective collaborations
- Travel expectation is approximately 30%-50%