GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position is to support the Joint Venture (JV) Accounting team with its responsibilities of providing timely and accurate financial information to its Field customers and JV partners. This includes account analysis, trend analysis, financial statement preparation, forecasting and research.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
Partnership accounting and financial reporting responsibilities including:
- General ledger functions such as account analysis, account reconciliation, trend analysis, and financial statement research.
- Create and review financial statements including balance sheet, profit and loss statements, cash flow, equity statements, etc.
- Participate in meetings with Team, Managers, Directors, Field management and JV partners as necessary.
- Prepare cash forecasts based on historical financial data and knowledge gained from working with and supporting field finance and operations management.
- Center accounting review responsibilities for revenue, AR, liabilities, equity, development projects, fixed assets, inventory, medical director fees, leases and subleases.
- Utilize general business knowledge to assist operational teammates with non-routine accounting issues and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Emphasis in Accounting preferred)
- 1 year accounting experience
- Accounting background
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite and ability to learn new internal systems and tools.
- Intermediate computer skills.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work independently, handle multiple priorities concurrently, and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Drive – must demonstrate career progression