The Manager, Medical Coding (ROPS) is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the coding team. This would include ICD code assignment to all services provided in our dialysis facilities, comorbid code assignment, maintenance of Clinical Medical Record P&Ps, performance of state mandated Medical Record audits, and supporting ROPs with procedural coding guidance for billing. This teammate oversees the timely and accurate coding of all services to help achieve our ROPS vision of being a trusted village neighborhood and world class revenue partner. This position reports to the Director, HIM (ROPS).
- Acts as coding and documentation resource to leadership, dialysis facility teammates, IT, Compliance and ROPS.
- Manages workflow of coding teammates through supervision, guidance, motivation and evaluation
- Maximizes productivity and efficiencies ensuring accurate and timely completion of coding in accordance with federal, state and official coding guidelines
- Responsible for quarterly CDM reviews providing feedback to ROPs set up team on findings
- Provides coding guidance on CPT/HCPCS and revenue codes for billing set up
- Partners with IT and Compliance Depts to resolve existing issues/defects within the clinical and coding systems, as well as providing guidance on future enhancements
- Responsible for the update and maintenance of the Clinical Medical Record P&Ps, working with the Clinical P&P Oversight Committee as needed
- Performs medical justification, medical necessity and Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) set up for all orderable services performed in our dialysis centers
- Oversee coding teammate’s completion of medical record audits for compliance with official coding guidelines, CMS coverage policies, Federal regulations, State ESRD regulations, DaVita policy and Procedures, HIPAA and best practices in health information management
- Monitor and maintain current knowledge of changes in laws and regulation that affect health information management
- Analyzes orders requiring manual coding to identify trends and make necessary changes to increase CAC rate.
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly key metrics to identify trends or areas of focus; performs root cause analysis and report any variances and trends to Director as needed
- Ensures the team follows documented Policies and Procedures, including Sarbanes and Oxley narratives and perform all control activities
- Manages teammate retention by providing ongoing training, development, coaching and performance management; to ensure teammates meet or exceed expectations of their position.
- Provides consistent, visible and timely communication to team on matters including but not limited to: team goals and objectives, progress toward those goals, information that will keep teammates well informed on issues and activities that impact their ability to carry out their job
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- RHIT/RHIT required, RHIA preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in health information management preferred
- Minimum of two years’ related supervisory experience required
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.