This position assists the Regional Revenue Manager in the supervision of patient admissions, billing and collections activities of a team responsible for the accounts receivable of assigned dialysis centers within a geographic region in accordance with company policies and in compliance with federal and state billing regulations.
This position has full supervisory responsibility and/or has input into decisions concerning the recruitment, training, professional development, performance management and retention of teammates necessary for the team to achieve key departmental goals and objectives
Patient Admissions, Billing and Collections Activities
- Ensure team follows documented policies and procedures, including SOX narratives, and conduct SOX control activities, as appropriate
- Make recommendations to Regional Revenue Manager on changes to existing tools, policies and procedures to facilitate achievement of department goals
- Review daily, weekly and monthly key metrics to identify trends or areas of focus; work with Regional Revenue Manager to develop, document and implement action plans, as appropriate, to address issues
- Maintain current and thorough understanding of dialysis reimbursement and industry norms; monitor payment trends, escalating issues, concerns and changes in payer behavior reporting as appropriate to Regional Revenue Manager
- Maintain current familiarity with payer contracts applicable to the geographic / contractual responsibilities of the team
- Monitor work of Central Registration Representatives to:
- Ensure new patient insurance records are established timely and accurately and maintained properly to ensure accurate billing for treatments and services provided
- Ensure the timely procurement of initial payer authorizations and reauthorizations for treatments and services provided to ensure payment to DaVita
- Coordinate responsibilities related to insurance verification and billing needs for newly-acquired centers and DeNovos
- Monitor work of Patient Account Representatives to:
- Ensure that accounts receivable is an accurate reflection of what is collectible and that teammates identify and adjust uncollectible balances accurately and timely with the appropriate approvals
- Ensure timely submission of primary, secondary and tertiary insurance claims
- Ensure all patient balances are transferred timely and accurately to Patient Resources
- Minimize bad debt by ensuring timely follow-up of unpaid claims, resolution of denials and other payer-related correspondence
- Foster strong working relationships between team and assigned centers, encouraging communication and collaboration for the overall benefit of patients
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of Month-End Close
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient, teammate and company information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- Collaborate closely (in conjunction with Manager) with internal ROPS and external support teams including Payer Contracting, SMART, Claim Scrubbers, MMG, Insurance Management, Cash Posting, Credits, Patient Resources, Non-Contracted Collections, IT, Revenue Integrity, Imaging, Medical Records, Training, QA, SOX, Internal Audit & Compliance to obtain needed information/updates to accurately bill payers
- Attend meetings and make presentations as needed
- Perform duties of Regional Revenue Manager as requested or in RRM absence
- Work with People Services and Regional Revenue Manager to recruit teammates with appropriate skills and experience to be a successful teammate
- Ensure that new teammates receive appropriate training and support to effectively utilize software applications and understand company policies, procedures and compliance standards
- Ensure teammates have the appropriate tools, supplies, job aides, system access, etc., in order to be effective in their roles
- Provide ongoing training, development, coaching, performance management, and opportunities for growth to teammates to enable them to meet or exceed expectations
- Write and conduct teammate annual Performance Development Reviews (PDRs) as required or provide input and work in conjuction with RRM
- Provide ongoing, timely communication related to team goals and objectives, progress toward those goals, and information important in keeping teammates well informed on issues and activities that impact their ability to carry out their job functions
- Address teammate relations issues appropriately and escalate to Manager as necessary
- Understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting reimbursement in dialysis and nursing services
- Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates
- Maintain teammate records to include written performance evaluation of all staff; maintain records in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws
- Evaluate, record and process teammate compensation according to company policy and upon approval by RRM
- Understand and communicate DaVita company policies and procedures through the use of written policy manuals or in-service education
Review and approve time cards of all teammates for payroll
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience – leading a team of 5 or more
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in healthcare or insurance industry
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with medical terminology and insurance
- Proficiency and analytical ability in Excel
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively produce high-quality work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.