GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position manages the center budget, billing, inventory, and teammates; oversees patient records and equipment maintenance, and ensures compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and other regulatory agency standards. Position also monitors vascular access procedures to ensure high-quality outcomes and compliance with standards established by the Joint Commission (JCAHO). This position is responsible for patient advocacy, physician relations, and community education outreach programs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
Position has full supervisory responsibility for recruitment, hiring, retention, performance development, performance management, salary adjustments, and termination of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
· Manage center budget and inventory relative to patient volume; implement policies and procedures as established by Vascular Access Centers management
o Submit monthly status/needs reports as directed by central management team
· Support Interventionist and clinical team as necessary to deliver high-quality vascular access care and outcomes
· Perform clinical duties as a registered nurse or radiologic technologist depending on licenses or certifications
· Work with reimbursement department to facilitate billing of access center services
· Ensure patient scheduling is coordinated as determined by central administration
· Review patient records for accuracy and updates
· Ensure compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations including but not limited to radiology, safety/OSHA, JCAHO
o Verify maintenance of patient, medicine, equipment, crash cart, radiation safety and other logs required by administration or state/federal regulations
· Communicate with dialysis facilities in the community on a monthly basis to monitor outcomes and to schedule community educational outreach activities
· Other duties as required including but not limited to any directive by the provider team
· Know, understand, follow, and implement DaVita safety and security policies and procedures
· Know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
· High school diploma or equivalent requiredA.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree and current RN license in state of practice required or American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification required
· Minimum of five (5) years’ clinical experience as RN
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a clinical manager strongly preferred
ASC experience strongly preferred
o Dialysis, critical care, medical/surgical, general diagnostic, special procedures or cardiac catheterization experience preferred
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred
· Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
· Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
o Ability to concentrate on moderate detail with constant interruption
· Motivated self-starter with ability to multi-task
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 35 pounds unassisted and able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions.
· Ability to wear a lead apron and stand for extended periods of time
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.