At DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a contract research organization, a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc., we use our extensive, applied database and real-world healthcare experience to assist pharmaceutical and medical device companies in the design, recruitment and completion of retrospective, prospective and pragmatic clinical trials.
DCR’s scientific and clinical expertise spans the lifecycle of product development with more than 175 client companies over the last 30+ years. Unlike most contract research organizations, we are part of an integrated company that provides healthcare.
This unique structure enables us to integrate real-world experience and de-identified data with our operational excellence, superior customer service, and flexibility. From clinical trial design and execution to health outcomes research and publication planning, we offer a range of services to help with your project, regardless of where it is in the product life cycle.
As a key member of the Healthcare Analytics and Insights group at DaVita Clinical Research (DCR), a Medical Writer works closely with authors to develop publications (manuscripts, case reports, commentaries, review articles) for peer-reviewed clinical journals as well as abstracts, posters, and slide presentations for scientific congresses. Additionally, a Medical Writer may lead the publication planning and execution process, providing technical expertise to the project team.
A Medical Writer will, under the supervision of the Medical Communications Manager, liaise with medical leads, biostatisticians, safety experts, and health economists to develop publications for key stakeholders in order to provide timely and effective execution of the publication plan to support DCR business units.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Having a thorough understanding of the biology of chronic kidney disease, therapeutics, and competitive scientific data
- Preparing or editing documents for submission to external clients
- Preparing or editing internal documents requiring robust scientific summaries
- Performing QC checks on documents
- Conducting literature searches, reviewing pertinent literature, and preparing summaries or abstracts, as required
- Supporting DCR activities at scientific congresses
- Preparing and delivering scientific presentations to project stakeholders and key opinion leaders
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being, and your future
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation