This is a Full- Time, Monday- Friday, day-shift position.
We invite you to contact us in regard to a position as a Registered Nurse at the Lifeline El Paso Vascular Access Center located at 11989 Pellicano Drive Suite D. El Paso, TX 79936
General Purpose of the Job:
This position gathers pre-treatment patient data, monitors patient and medications during procedures, maintains prescription drug logs, and provides assistance to the clinical team during pre- and post-procedure activities.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Provide ongoing patient information to the interventionist and clinical team during procedures to deliver vascular access care to the patient including but not limited to cardiac monitoring, aldrete score, pain status
- Monitor patient vitals (HR, BP, O2Sat, EKG) during procedures
- Maintain radiation safety when C-Arm is in use in the procedure room
- Assist in procedure room preparation; maintain sterile techniques in the procedure room; assist with pre-and post-procedures including assessment of discharge
- Assist in recovery room patient care following vascular access procedures
- Monitor and record use of all medications during procedures
- Gather patient clinical information prior to procedures including patient assessments and patient history
- Keep clear and accurate patient medical records
- Maintain up-to-date narcotic drug log
- Serve as surgical technologist during procedures as necessary
- Assist center manager in maintaining inventory count
- Communicate with dialysis facilities to monitor post-care as directed by center manager
- Observe all OSHA and radiation safety monitoring policies
- Assist in moving patients within the center
- Assist in scheduling patients as directed by the center manager
- Participate in access center community education programs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Work in other centers as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current RN license in state of practice required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ clinical RN experience in dialysis, critical care, or medical/surgical required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; proficiency in all DaVita computer applications required within 60 days of hire
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience with varying levels of understanding related to ESRD
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities according to clinical standards; high degree of initiative
- Self-directed; able to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated exactness in attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning patient information
- Ability to remain calm and act appropriately in emergency or life-threatening situations
- Empathy, consideration, and respect for patients and teammates
Lifeline Vascular Access works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 60 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,500 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, continuing education support, and tuition reimbursement. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.