The Clinical Analytics & Reporting Team is responsible for designing, developing and overseeing analytical solutions for our clinical and operations executives in support of DaVita’s clinical strategy. Our team’s mission is to improve patient quality of life in terms of care safety, quality, and efficiency by transforming data into actionable information that guides strategic decisions, supports clinical innovation, and informs operating tactics.
The Senior Clinical Data Analyst’s primary objective is to partner with diverse teams from around the enterprise to produce analytical insights that support analytical products across a broad range of clinical initiatives.
A successful teammate exemplifies personal behaviors in line with DaVita’s core values: service excellence, integrity, team, continuous improvement, accountability, fulfillment, and fun.
· Partner with clinical subject matter experts and operational leadership to identify key clinical questions that can be answered using data to drive clinical goals and objectives
· Structure analytic plans that comprehensively address clinical questions and provide a structured methodology and approach for analysis
· Utilize multiple computational languages, platforms and environments to mine and manage data in preparation for analysis
· Adhere to best demonstrated practices in clinical analytics from the fields of informatics, biostatistics, epidemiology, and data science to analyze data to provide unbiased and unconfounded answers to clinical questions
· Synthesize results in a non-technical manner to inform recommendations and next steps for leadership
· Partner with cross-functional teams to socialize analytic findings and drive management processes to meaningful results
· Become an subject matter expert and thought partner in clinical and methodologic areas
· Willing to travel (up to 10% of time)
· Bachelor’s degree required; major in biostatistics, statistics, informatics, computer science, math, or relevant field required; post-graduate degree in an analytic discipline strongly recommended.
· Prior relevant work experience preferred
· Demonstrated ability to learn and develop proficiency in any or all of the following as needed: SQL, SPSS/SPSS Modeler, SAS, Tableau, Python, R, etc.
· Advanced critical thinking, strong work ethic, creative mindset, adept communication skills, attention to detail, design-mindedness, flexibility with change, comfort with ambiguity, efficient time management, technical aptitude, and business acumen
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the position
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; ability to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions
· Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.