At DaVita, we find that our best leaders are those who create an inspiring vision for the future and empowers their team to achieve success. They have always enjoyed tackling difficult problems and believe that the best way to solve them is through collaborative, team efforts. They take ownership of results and instill accountability in those they lead. They are driven, strong communicators, relationship builders, and find real fulfillment in challenging work.
Sound like you? Then you might be a great fit for Corporate Counsel, Mergers and Acquisitions with DaVita.
Here's what you can expect as a Corporate Counsel at DaVita:
The position will be part of a large mergers and acquisitions legal team primarily supporting DaVita’s Kidney Care business. Reporting to an Assistant General Counsel, Mergers and Acquisitions, this individual will help support strategic growth. This role will be required to develop and foster relationships across the organization and provide legal support for healthcare transactions.
The successful candidate will be part of an outstanding team dedicated to supporting high quality care and helping to drive the Company’s mission and values. The role requires significant joint venture and/or mergers and acquisitions experience.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to make a significant contribution within a challenging and rewarding environment in support of DaVita’s profound mission and service excellence.
This position will report to: Assistant General Counsel – Mergers and Acquisitions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Under the supervision of senior attorneys, draft, negotiate and support complex joint venture and M&A transactions primarily for the domestic kidney care business. On a more limited basis, provide support for other business divisions.
- Help develop and implement standardized templates and processes for repeatable transactions, with an eye toward increasing efficiencies within the deal process.
- Assist in managing an active M&A portfolio, including deal pipeline, metric development, implementation and tracking.
- Work collaboratively with a broad range of people developing and maintaining strong working relationships between legal, finance, people services, operations and business development teams to facilitate a team based approach.
- Juggle and successfully prioritize competing and voluminous work streams simultaneously.
- Work with clients and in-house transactions team proactively to identify risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are in place.
- Understand and be able to translate into “plain English” the legal ramifications of varied legal issues (including regulatory requirements) and clearly and succinctly articulate the risks. Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise level objectives.
- Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple constituencies.
- Live, uphold and model DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education / Certifications
The successful candidate will hold a law degree with strong academic credentials and will have obtained an undergraduate degree from a college or university of recognized standing, and at least one State Bar Admission and in good standing.
- Successful track record of three to eight years of diverse M&A, joint venture and complex transaction experience.
- Experience in the healthcare industry and with healthcare transactions is desired
- The candidate ideally has a combination of law firm and in-house experience. However, exclusively law firm-trained candidates will be considered with diverse substantive and sophisticated transactions experience.
- Experience in positively and successfully managing relationships with a high energy, diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines. A thoughtful, articulate and effective communicator who can distill and articulate the important aspects of any transaction issue to a wide audience of participants.
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the "big picture" as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues.
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills (including presentations).
- Commitment to DaVita’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to function as a strong member of a highly-motivated and integrated team.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact at executive level with persuasiveness and confidence.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to be “other-oriented”; ability to appreciate people with different backgrounds and points of view and ability to create an inclusive environment.
- Personal integrity, judgment and the ability to make decisions quickly.
- Hands on, efficient and proven ability to “Get [a lot of] Stuff Done” with a bias for action and strong sense of ownership.
- A commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Candid and personally secure. Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.