The Assistant I, Lab performs specimen accessioning, data entry, processing and other technical and non-technical duties in the laboratory under the general supervision of the Technologist or Supervisor. This position reports to laboratory manager or supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs Specimen Processor I duties and responsibilities as needed to support the workload
- Receives and processes samples, centrifuges, aliquots, checks for hemolysis, clotted samples (if required), delivers samples to test areas for testing, stores and discards completed samples according to safety, infection control and other policies and procedures
- Loads and unloads samples utilizing technical equipment
- Resolves issues involving handwritten tubes, patients, barcodes, requisitions not on file in the Laboratory Information System (LIS) by collaborating with Lab Customer Support and Accessioning departments or calling clinics/customers
- Assists the technical staff in specimen processing and preparation in the clinical laboratory
- Communicates Alert calls to the clients according to the policy
- Documents work activities and pertinent information (using internal and external comments) in the LIS or paper logs to ensure regulatory compliance requirements are met and that audit trails are established
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Notifies supervisor and/or technical section of potential or existing concerns
- Trains new teammates
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor degree preferred
- One to Two years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Ability to perform accessioning duties required
- Medical terminology training or equivalent laboratory experience required
- Some specialty or on the job clinical healthcare experience required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.