This role is based in Atlanta, Georgia and will report directly to the Division Vice President of DaVita Kidney Care Operations for the Southern Stars Division. In this role you will be joining the senior leadership team responsible for operating approximately 50 dialysis clinics in metropolitan Atlanta. Our mission is to provide lifesaving dialysis treatment to patients, which helps them to spend more time to spend with family and friends and contribute to their communities. DaVita’s vision is to become the greatest healthcare company the world has ever seen, within Southern Stars that translates to Be the Life! In this role you will determine the clinical vision and lead the clinical strategy for our Division, in alignment with the Senior Director of Clinical Services for the Trailblazers Group. The role will require transformational thinking that advances nursing, our culture of patient safety, and our high quality clinical outcomes. You will also be a thought partner and strong collaborator to the operational members of our leadership team. You will roll up your sleeves and work shoulder to shoulder with our clinic and regional leaders to overcome obstacles, educate, and set process in an effort to deliver best in class outcomes and ensure our clinics surpass state/federal standards. As the Division’s most senior clinical leader you will also act as a role model for the 600+ teammates (employees) who provide patient care in our clinics.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position functions as the senior clinical lead responsible for setting our clinical strategy, driving high quality outcomes and patient safety, and overseeing clinical education, all in alignment with the overarching strategy of the Trailblazers Group. This position will also generally elevate the strength of nursing/clinical services in Southern Stars. The Director is responsible for building relationships with external clinical leaders (CNO, CMO, Nephrologist, Vascular Surgeons etc.) in key geographies where patient outcomes could benefit from external collaboration. There is also opportunity for inter-professional collaboration with peer group departments like Risk, Survey Outcome Support, Office of CMO, etc.
The Director leads the Divisional clinical services team, including three region-based Clinical Services Specialists. The efforts of this leader will also have a significant connection to and impact on each and every teammate who provides patient care in our dialysis clinics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Drive best in class quality outcomes
- Lead continuous quality improvement activities
- Monitor and report on adverse occurrence investigation process
- Ensure adherence to clinical policy and procedure via education programs and setting standards – complete gap assessment based on outcomes with action plans for improvement where necessary
- Identify issues that require the establishment of clinical policies and procedures or recommend modification to existing policies and procedures
- Ensure all new clinical teammates complete the appropriate training
- Ensure the timely completion of ongoing clinical training
- Direct the implementation of training materials/revisions from the national education team
- Identify and communicate professional development needs across the region and ensure a continuing clinical education program is in place
- Ensure all new and existing clinics exceed state/federal requirements
- Ensure adherence to the DaVita compliance program
- Ensure that proper documentation is submitted when required to the appropriate regulatory agencies
- Provide oversight of the audit process(s) to ensure regulatory compliance and consistency in approach
- Assist in developing action plans and strategies for addressing deficiencies in partnership with operations management
- Ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and practice guidelines that impact nursing practice
- Management and Leadership
- Develop a collaborative and unified team
- Leverage opportunities for inter-professional collaboration with peer group departments like Risk, Survey Outcome Support, Office of CMO, etc.
- Ensure Right Person/Right Attitude/Right Job (RPRARJ) within clinical services team
- Provide coaching and leadership including effective performance feedback within clinical team
- Ensure quality of clinical preceptor team, via support and development programs
- Participate in operations reviews and strategy sessions
- Effectively engage external healthcare organizations to promote positive relationships and effective collaborations
- Travel expectation is approximately 10-20%
What you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- A degree in Nursing (and licensure in state of residence) is required
- An Advanced Degree in related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Willingness and interest to set clinical strategy
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor people
- Demonstrated collaboration with operational leadership
- Ability to utilize resources to accomplish all key metrics
- Demonstrated team building and coaching/mentoring skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and adapt based on changing priorities and a fast paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify and analyze issues in the workplace and identify and implement solutions
- In-depth understanding of clinic operations and the roles of direct caregivers in mission accomplishment
- Ability to seek creative solutions to the challenges of adult learning and education and continuing education
- Solid reasoning, critical thinking, problem solving abilities
- Ability to delegate appropriately
<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.