Admissions Specialist Provide Contact Center-based support via phone, email, fax, and web to facilitate placement requests for those patients who choose DaVita visiting or permanent dialysis. The position will facilitate the arranging of dialysis placements while providing service delivery excellence to build and establish strong hospital relationships. The position supports the community in the event of an emergency making emergency dialysis placements to calling patients and teammates during emergency events to make sure all are accounted for and safe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond professionally, promptly, and courteously to inbound calls, e-mails and faxed referrals and/or requests for treatment options
- Request placement and/or respond to inquiries regarding treatment options via outbound calls, e-mail, and/or other designated contacts
- Place outbound calls to Hospitals to complete placement requests
- Under the direction and supervision of the supervisor, develop and enhance processes to ensure effective growth within placements as well as treatment option modalities
- Build positive relationships with Hospitals, Discharge planners, Case Managers, & DaVita teammates across the Village and provide customer service excellence
- Adhere to performance metrics and quality assurance call standards
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations regarding patient information to assure confidentiality of patient health information (PHI)
- Ability & willingness to learn about Kidney Disease and related topics
- Organized multi-tasker with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to accuracy of details and relentless follow-through with a curious and investigative inclination
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
- Able and willing to work overtime as required and work during expanded/non-traditional hours to serve patients and teammates (in different time zones)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 6 months’ related experience required
- Data entry speed of 25-40 keystrokes per minute required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.