GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position provides teammate and management counseling to resolve specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries in the following functional areas: training, on-boarding, project management, and teammate relations. This position also provides advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Advise managers, supervisors, or administrators in all HR practices; provide information to teammates and management about regulations, offer letters, and human resources compliance
- Ensure open positions are posted appropriately with Recruiting
- Interview job applicants; review applications and resumes; evaluate applicant skills; make recommendations regarding applicant's qualifications
- Check references as needed and/or make job offers
- Provide teammate relations counseling for teammates and/or management as requested or needed; collaborate with internal labor and employment attorneys as needed; maintain an appropriate balance between teammate and management advocacy
- Perform investigations or research as needed
- Ensure teammate employment records are changed as needed including but not limited to personnel change notices (ePCNs) and the separation process including exit interviews; facilitate PDR (Performance Development Review) process for managers
- Provide advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation
- Identify process or policy issues; recommend policy and procedural improvements as necessary
- Manage workers’ compensation reporting for site
- Plan, organize, and/or assist in execution of People Services meetings and events, sitespecific rewards programs, and logistics as needed including but not limited to new teammate orientation
- Perform People Services analytics and data reporting
- Maintain metrics on key initiatives; prepare and analyze reports for management; note trends or other issues for management review
- Monitor budgets of People Services Manager (PSM) and People Services Director (PSD) to ensure alignment with financial goals and objectives
- Notify management regarding variances Function as HR Manager in manager’s absence as delegated
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to: o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Travel required: up to 5%
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in related area required or a combination of education and progressively responsible work experience in related area may be substituted in lieu of degree on a year-for-year basis
- Minimum of three (3) years’ human resources generalist experience required including a minimum of one (1) year’s experience in teammate relations required o
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of human resources laws, practices, and principles required
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to and role model of DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company o Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to explain human resources concepts, laws, guidelines, and other information with teammates at all levels of the organization and with varying levels of knowledge in this area
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service; proactively communicate and respond promptly to teammate needs
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities: Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions Ability to hear and interact by phone, in person, and in presentations clearly and efficiently Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time