DaVita is looking for a Senior ServiceNow Engineer to join our dynamic and growing organization. The primary goal for this position will be to assist in ongoing development and administration of ServiceNow at DaVita. The Senior Engineer will provide tools and resources necessary for implementation of processes utilizing industry best practices including but not limited to Service Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem management and Configuration Management. This individual will guide the integration and organizational adoption of ITIL best practices, standards, policies and controls.
This position will engineer, implement, and drive adoption of multiple 3rd party product integrations including but not limited to HP uCMDB, HPSA, generic SQL applications and others. Bi-directional integrations are needed in some cases. Develop ServiceNow request workflows in support of configuration management and IT Operations Provisioning requirements. Work with the systems management and operations teams doing the design and implementation. Create key application service maps. Define and document related configuration management/change detection and impact analysis process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Engineer, deploy, evangelize and provide operational support for ServiceNow and integration points.
· Ensure supported products are fully functional and maintained to current patch levels.
· Troubleshoot issues and engage vendor support when needed.
· Develop ServiceNow workflows to manage and/or automate repeatable tasks that are manually performed by Server Administration, Network Operations Center and other customer teams.
· Guide the integration and organizational adoption of ITIL best practices, standards, policies and controls, and work with team members in an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Create ServiceNow views and reports to support process and configuration management workflows.
· Develop and maintain integration of HP uCMDB and other 3rd party applications with the ServiceNow CMDB.
· Deprecate and replace legacy solutions. Develop ServiceNow request workflows in support of configuration management and IT Operations Provisioning requirements.
· Work closely with extended Operations Support teams on integration efforts with Automation, Monitoring and Discovery/uCMDB tools.
· 3+ years hands on development experience with ServiceNow
· 5+ years hands on operational experience in large scale non-homogenous datacenter operational environments
· A solid understanding of Enterprise Class operating systems (Windows Server & Linux, AIX, HPUX)
· Systems level understanding of data center OSS< networking, server infrastructure, virtualization technologies, storage systems, monitoring systems, and three tier client server applications.
· Proficiency in multiple web focused markup and scripting languages such as HTML, XML, CSS, Jelly, JEXL, Bootstrap, AngularJS and scripted REST API
· Knowledge of integration and automation technology such as LDAP, Web Services (REST and SOAP), XML Parsing, JDBC (for Oracle, MSSQL, and MySQL), and parsing flat files retrieved from a share or FTP.
· Working knowledge of SQL and ability to maintain applications incorporating SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS.
· Knowledge/Experience in monitoring and managing systems including VMWare ESX, AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Windows Server, Oracle and MS SQL Server.
· Solid understanding of networking elements, concepts and protocols including Firewalls, Routers, Load Balancers, Switches, VLANs, TCP, SNMP and so on.
· Experience in high availability data systems – clustering, replication, snapshots, mirroring, and other DR and business continuity practices
· Experience in troubleshooting server, storage, and network issues and problems
· Experience monitoring and providing analysis for systems management across multiple operating system environments
· The ability to work in cross functional teams and across lines of business to develop automated solutions to business problems
· ITIL Certification preferred
· Previous experience writing Policy/Procedure regarding ITSM best practices
· Previous experience with Database reporting tools
· Previous experience with Business Process Re-Design/Improvement (BPR/I)
· Intimate familiarity with ITIL processes, in particular Incident Management, Service Request, Change Management, Release Management and Problem Management
· Work independently and as a technical team member
· Ability to define, document and articulate an actionable solution design and roadmap
· Good organizational skills and the ability to document and communicate complex concepts
· Working knowledge of ticketing systems and tools such as Remedy and ServiceNow
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
About DaVita Information Technology:
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.