- Participate in DaVita Hospital Services Core Education Team, Policy and Procedure development committees as requested.
Collaborate with National Clinical Education Manager in the development, review, revision, and roll out of clinical policies and procedures and/or education materials
- Manage and deliver teammate on-boarding utilizing a standardized Education process, including documentation of proper orientation, skills checklist and completed education process prior to independent patient assignment.
- Participate with the Hospital Services Directors and Hospital Services Administrators in the identification and development of facility specific education and outcome goals.
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the goals to achieve desired results
- Work with Hospital Services Administrators to track and ensure completion of annual teammate education requirements
- Provide direction to preceptors following the initial training program with ongoing support and mentoring
- Benchmark facilities educational outcomes, identify and share best practices
- Provide training and monitor the implementation of clinical policies and procedures in the facility.
- Collaborate with the DaVita Hospital Services Clinical Manager in the development, review, revision and roll out of Internal/External Audit Process.
- Oversee scheduling and completion of Annual Internal Acute Hospital audits, including any training of identified auditors within the division.
- Work with the Hospital Services Administrators and Hospital Services Directors to address any internal audit issues, ensure the development of a Plan of Correction, implementation and resolution of deficiencies.
- Assist as needed with Internal/External Hospital Surveys and report data to DaVita Hospital Services team.
- Coordinate the review and investigation of sentinel events and/or adverse occurrences and participate in the plan of correction and follow-up as requested.
- Assist with Acute Clinical Outcome Indicators teammate education.
- Review Acute Clinical Outcome Indicator reports and assist facility CQI team members to maximize resources and strengths within their facilities to solve quality improvement challenges.
- Ensure quality management programs are in place and functional in the facilities
- Participate in the QA/QI meetings as directed by Hospital Services Directors to ensure clinical areas for improvement are addressed and appropriate action plan is formulated per policy and procedure.
- Assist with identification and development of physician/hospital staff and teammate training needs related to CRRT, Apheresis, Congestive Heart Failure, Peritoneal Dialysis and other modalities.
- Assist in the development and deployment of DaVita Hospital Services based patient education programs as requested.
- Monitor state and hospital accreditation regulations to ensure DaVita training programs meet or exceed requirements.
- Represent DaVita as the Hospital Partner for quality, clinical, and patient safety concerns to collaborate and develop plan of action and follow through to satisfaction.
- Provide continuing education and in-services/materials to teammates to improve knowledge base and to meet regulatory and safety requirements on an as needed basis.
- Provide timely submission of all reports and data collection requests to support teams
- Support management training as needed.
- Assist with national and divisional special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Based out of home office with 90% travel in the PA & Western NY Area , Monday - Friday schedule
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current RN license in state of practice required
- Bachelor's degree in associated field preferred
- Minimum of 3 years (5 years preferred) of nephrology experience required
- Experience in researching, updating, and maintaining clinical policies and procedures preferred
- Flexibility in scheduling and ability to travel
- Experience in teaching the adult learner strongly preferred with demonstrated ability to communicate technical/medical information in lay terms as necessary
- CNN or CDN, Bonent certification within one year of hire or position change
- Current driver's license in state of residence and insurable driving record required
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required
- Ability to work in 24/7 environment.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.