This position leads and manages DaVita's leading Disease Management Program; VillageHealth in the LA/OC market. This individual is responsible for financial management, risk management, quality initiatives, outcomes, and performance measurements. This position provides leadership and direction to ensure safe, efficient, therapeutic, and ethical patient care, teammate efficiency and productivity, and positive teammate relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Manage and oversee Disease Management program in designated market or geography
- Ensure compliance to all applicable regulations and DaVita policies o Monitor risk management and quality assurance compliance
- Achieve financial and quality goals for membership enrollment in VillageHealth programs
- Measure patient care outcomes in the program Build effective relationships with internal and external clients
- Coordinate activities with DaVita VillageHealth management team, Regional Medical Directors, cross-functional departments, and others as needed
- Maintain and manage relationships with key constituencies and stakeholders, including providers and health plans
- Develop and maintain relationships with CMS and other entities as needed Participate in review and development of regional budget
- Evaluate processes to ensure cost effectiveness and reduce operational expenses
- Evaluate projects for cost effectiveness and impact to outcome expectations
- Create and submit financial reports and analysis as needed Lead implementation of marketing and expansion initiatives
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of regional market and trends
- Identify opportunities for development and expansion of enhanced or new services
- Participate in joint venture meetings as needed
- Assist in and monitor implementation process; ensure deliverables and address questions and issues
- May provide direct nursing care as needed * RN licensure required *
- Teammate Management Provide leadership to direct reports
- Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered during projects
- Manage all teammate employment activity such as hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required
- Address teammate relations issues appropriately and escalate as necessary
- Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment
- Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
- Provide work direction for department teammates
- Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates; ensure coverage during teammate absences
- Adapt staffing as technology is incorporated Know and understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment
- Review and approve time cards of hourly direct reports for bi-weekly payroll
- Track overtime, attendance, and PTO Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to maintain teammates’ knowledge of department processes and goals Know, understand, follow, and implement DaVita safety and security policies and procedures
- Travel required: up to 50 %
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in clinical nursing required
- Minimum of three (3) years’ renal nursing or Case Management experience preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ management experience leading and managing teams required; managed care experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing to data driven outcomes and process improvement required
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in change agent role
- Demonstrated experience in healthcare coaching preferred
- Strong communication on medical management, operational, and business related issues
- Current CPR certification required
- CNN or CDN certification strongly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Home office with Internet connectivity at minimum of 1MB upload and 1MB download speed required
DaVita's Shinning Star :
- Commitment to and role model of DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions In-depth understanding of VillageHealth mission and the roles of teammates in mission accomplishment Innovative, analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to create, refine, and manage new business processes Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive initiatives forward
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional client relationship management and ability to influence others Strong analytical skills with the ability to seek out underlying assumptions through probing, questioning, and listening
- Ability to proactively identify and analyze issues in the workplace and identify and implement solutions collaboratively
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
- Demonstrated proficiency in consultative skills when addressing complex inquiries
- Demonstrated willingness and desire to create a team learning environment and to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment
- Demonstrated ability to provide a balance to department efficiency and field service excellence
- Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Demonstrated strengths in teambuilding and leadership skills
- Supervisory experience demonstrating willingness, desire, and ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance and skills to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates
- Ability to maintain open and clear communication with teammates
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.