The Specialist I, Administrative Support-PA (Lab) perform a variety of administrative and support duties for multiple departments throughout Patient Accounting. This role requires strong organizational and communication skills. Must have the ability to multitask and navigate through high volume work. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Applications and have internet research abilities as well as intermediate software skills. This position reports to the Supervisor or Manager, Patient Accounting.
- Process appeal letters as assigned, pull medical documents as needed for payer requirements, pull remittance advice for secondary claims, scan images and maintain appeals electronic library
- Create refund packets by pulling EOBs, printing applicable letters and adding the information to reversal tracking spreadsheet
- Process daily incoming mail distribution by sorting per the policy and procedure while ensuring the mail gets delivered to the appropriate department, scan STAT and PPS Invoices and prepare file for data entry
- Oversee Payor Internet Accesses and applicable spreadsheet as requested from Patient Accounting Teammates
- Performs other duties as assigned
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in the healthcare industry with provider billing, collections and/or payer experience preferred
- Knowledge of appeals process and claim systems strongly preferred
- Typing is a must
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to use Internet effectively a must
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.