DaVita Rx is seeking an experienced Inventory Supervisor for our Renal Pharmacy in Coppell, TX.
This position manages the inventory and distribution of prescription materials for DaVita Rx’s network of pharmacies with nationwide medication distribution. This position ensures the materials are maintained consistently, accurately, and in accordance with company policies, and ensures the minimum levels of in-house stock necessary to serve the patient population on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage all aspects of the Inventory Control process and departments monitoring over $100 million in pharmaceutical inventory in multiple facilities with an average of 2,500 SKU’s with a team of 5+ at the location. Responsible for oversight and management of receiving/stocking functions, cycle counting (including overall inventory accuracy and system reconciliation activities), working capital levels and inventory item file maintenance. Ensure accurate count of inventories and provide accurate and timely inventory reporting to Finance, Purchasing and other stakeholders.
Coordinate drug product recall research with the Recall Coordinator per the manufacturer’s instructions via appropriate reporting and record maintenance.
Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with DaVita Rx suppliers as needed for direct and indirect prescription products and consumables.
Partner with Finance and coordinate quarterly physical inventories of consumable products
Coordinate regular inventory control counts for all dispensing pharmacies in compliance with state and federal regulations
Recommend and implement prescription materials management strategies for pharmacies
- Monitor and audit inventory control procedures and processes
- Comply with all applicable regulations; maintain thorough documentation including SOX Narratives
- Ensure separation checks and balances between procurement and receiving teammates
- Ensure inventory discrepancies are recorded in accordance with Sox 404 and internal guidelines and adjustments are reviewed and communicated to all internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee and regularly evaluate cycle count program, revising as appropriate to continuously improve while meeting internal requirements
Create and maintain a positive relationship with the DaVita Rx Pharmacy Operational Managers, Supervisors and Pharmacists in Charge
Manage RCA (root cause analysis) process of inventory discrepancies
Develop and implement enterprise wide materials management software strategy
Partner with Dispensing Operations to support inventory management needs integrated with dispensing automation technology and software
Explore inventory management capabilities of potential pharmacy management platforms
Explore Warehouse Management System (WMS) for inventory control including purchasing, receiving, cycle counting, drug shelf location management, lot and expiration date tracking.
Partner with drug purchasing group for reorder point update management, new generic launched, supply disruption mitigation, queue management, order processing and scheduling and inventory file additions/updates.
Partner with business segment owners, operationalizing new processes and procedures including development of training and documentation, audit processes and system enhancements
Provide private label materials management services in central fill model
Ensure flawless execution of contractual services
Responsible for weekly and monthly reporting as well as ad hoc requests
Provide feedback (request enhancements, testing, etc.) on custom application
Support finance / front end ops to maximize inventory efficiencies, and labor associated of managing inventory opportunities
Develop quality reports to ensure accuracy of databases and functionality of processes
- Travel required: up to 5-10%
- Provide leadership to direct reports
- Help direct reports overcome any organizational obstacles encountered during projects
- Manage all teammate employment activity such as hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required
- Know, understand, implement, follow, and communicate to teammates all DaVita employment policies and procedures, awards, and other opportunities within company and foster a positive work environment
- Ensure all DaVita employment processes are completed timely and in compliance with DaVita policy and any applicable laws including but not limited to ePCNs, Performance Development Reviews, teammate personnel file maintained, etc.
- Facilitate teammate development (PDRs, coaching, mentoring, DaVita training, outside training); collaborate with direct reports to create professional development goals
- Maintain familiarity with and communicate to teammates DaVita programs impacting teammates (including but not limited to: Triple Crown, We Are Here, Tuition Reimbursement, Foundations, etc.)
- Exemplify DaVita’s Beliefs, Behaviors and Results
- Provide work direction for department teammates
- Determine staffing plans that promote the most effective use of all teammates; ensure coverage during teammate absences
- Know and understand basic wage and hour laws, federal, state and local laws and regulations, Medicare, and legislation affecting employment
- Review and approve time cards of hourly direct reports for bi-weekly payroll
- Track overtime, attendance, and PTO
- Develop and conduct educational programs to keep teammates up-to-date on DaVita policies, new laws and regulations impacting work, and other information necessary to maintain teammates’ knowledge of department processes and goals
- Maintain and communicate facility emergency management programs and ability to act swiftly, confidently in an emergency
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx is a full-service pharmacy specializing in complex conditions. Originally founded in 2005 as a kidney care pharmacy, DaVita Rx has expanded into other disease states. We now dispense prescriptions in more than 40 therapeutic classes, allowing us to care for more patients than ever before. With operations in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas, DaVita Rx serves more than 165,000 patients nationwide.
With the tools and expertise needed to improve care, DaVita Rx is a valuable partner to patients, caregivers and providers. Our core services are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of kidney patients, and we are also building dedicated platforms to provide specialized pharmacy care for individuals with other complex conditions.
We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented, clinically trained, and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to delivering on our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care in an effort to help improve our patients' lives. Not only does Davita Rx have a compelling mission, but we also have unique entrepreneurial opportunities. As a rapidly growing subsidiary of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Rx | Ticker: DVA), our teammates enjoy an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where they can truly make an impact.
- "At DaVita Rx, teammates have a voice. Because we're a relatively new company, you can contribute to how we improve processes and improve the service we give patients. You get a huge sense of reward as a front-line teammate impacting the business." - Chip S, Certified Pharmacy Tech/Team Lead
The shining star in this role should have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration, Operations, Industrial Engineering, or related area
- Minimum of five (2) years’ relevant inventory management experience in a high-SKU pharmacy environment (> 2,000 SKUs) required or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three (3) years in lead type role preferably 1-2ys in Supervisory role.
- Able to lead teams through hiring, promoting, job performance, evaluations, and disciplinary actions preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in building inventory standard operating procedures, SOX 404 compliance and audit awareness required or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer skills in MS Excel; Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Access, and Outlook required; basic proficiency in PowerPoint required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to and role model of DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in every day performance and interactions
- Supervisory experience demonstrating willingness, desire, and ability to supervise with aptitude for coaching, mentoring, training, and developing teammate performance and skills to foster a positive, fulfilling work environment required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teammates
- Ability to maintain open and clear communication with teammates
- Willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
- Ability to maximize resources to accomplish key metrics
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with all levels of the organization
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult or sensitive information tactfully
- Innovative, analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis, prepare and implement action plans, and lead improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated expertise in business and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively at both detail and big-picture levels and to drive projects forward
- Demonstrated ability to understand key drivers, financial, clinical and operational, affecting business
- Ability to proactively identify and analyze issues in the workplace and identify and implement solutions collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Strong customer service skills and commitment to service excellence
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.