The Systems Administrator will be a part of the Enterprise Identity and Access Management (IAM) organization and will serve as lead in one or more areas of focus: tool administration, provisioning, support, process management, and access certification. The IAM SysAdmin will regularly interface with the business and audit/security/risk teams to understand requirements and put in place the necessary procedures, activities, metrics and KPIs to successfully meet all those requirements and provide outstanding customer service. The IAM SysAdmin will also support the design, architecture, and implementation of certification management and automation solutions as part of our overall Identity and Access Management program.
The position supports the day-to-day functions of the IAM team, as well as projects through project management, risk identification, data analysis, process improvement, auditing, report development, and policy maintenance. The position can act as a liaison for field partners and internal client counterparts, working directly with IAM leadership.
This position will not have direct supervisory responsibilities. The position does require some supervisory and leadership experience and the capability to build highly effective teams in support of IT service delivery that drives true business value.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Supports all IT attestation and certifications activities including monthly and quarterly attestation campaigns
- Contributes to monthly metrics and KPIs, and provides evidence for any variance from expected results
- Responsible for IT access requirements, provisioning, and attestation, as directed
- Support access automation projects
- Creates standard process and procedure documentation based on the templates and requirements defined in standards and policy
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with the day-to-day operations of an IT access management group, handling regular attestation activities and certification/audit reporting
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with Oracle Identity Governance Suite or similar tools including OIM, OIA and OPAM
- 1-3 years security and audit experience including SOX, HIPAA and other compliance and regulatory requirements
- Total of 3-8 general IT experience in IT infrastructure operations and/or applications support in a large, complex enterprise with multiple locations (+1000) and business services
- Understanding of the design, deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting and provisioning of application access through use of workflow automation and common directory services (AD, LDAP)
- Understanding of Access Control methodologies (RBAC and Attribute Control)
- Healthcare IT experience a plus
- Strong communication and writing skills with the ability to develop client-ready technical and business-oriented documentation
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills. Ability to prioritize and organize work for self to deliver on commitments and achieve results.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt easily to a fast-paced, changing environment, and to follow through on tasks and assignments
- Demonstrated exactness in attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight and supervision
- BA or BS degree or equivalent relative work experience
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions.
- Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.