The Manager – Storage and Backup is responsible for overseeing the tactical, day-to-day activities of the Enterprise SAN and Data Protection systems. This position is responsible for tracking and reporting status for project and production support tasks. The successful Manager cultivates an environment of continuous improvement through the development of effective KPIs and Service Level Agreements and in ensuring that these are communicated effectively. The Manager addresses high priority problems, escalations, and maintains timely and accurate communication to senior management around key incidents and objectives. The SAN and Backup Manager inspires and supports effective collaboration, communication and teamwork between other DaVita infrastructure and operations teams including the development and effective deployment of Infrastructure Services solutions, standard procedures, automation, and best practices in line with the overall vision of the company.
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Infrastructure Services.
• Stewards resources by providing regular feedback for team members, participating in annual reviews for all direct reports, managing corrective actions per People Services and management, and interviewing and hiring resources as required.
• Exhibits the DaVita's Core Values and acts as a role model for IT Operations.
• Demonstrates solid understanding of SAN systems (IBM [v3k/v5k/v7k/v9k, DS, ESS], EMC [VNX and Isilon], HP 3PAR, NetApp, Brocade Fiber Channel Switches) and associated Infrastructure best practices.
• Demonstrates solid understanding of Backup, Data Protection and Data Retention.
• Proven ability to establish priorities, set objectives and meet them with minimal supervision.
• Monitors performance of operational processes including incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements and escalates when appropriate.
• Provides effective leadership for the Storage Administration team in conducting system analysis, configuration management and operational improvements for system performance, availability, and reliability including capacity management and proactive monitoring.
• Collaborates with managers from other infrastructure teams to develop standards, procedures and methodologies that govern the utilization of technologies, platforms and tools across multiple disciplines.
• Effectively develops and manages relationships with key partners and vendors.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
• Preference for Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 6 years of Infrastructure and Operations Management experience including SAN Systems (IBM, HP, EMC, NetApp, Brocade) and other related I&O areas.
• Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience in building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems for a global, Enterprise organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
• Strong leadership skills, with an ability to lead and motivate a geographically diverse team in a growing, dynamic environment utilizing diversity in approach and methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex scenarios and use problem-solving skills to define and implement appropriate best practices.
• Experienced with ITIL Processes, Healthcare regulations (HIPAA) and System compliance audits (SOX).
• Available to travel 10% of the time.
On-call for major incidents and other requirements as necessary.
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.