GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position packs and ships mail-order prescriptions for shipment to patients. This position may also assist in inventory cycle counting and other pharmacy support functions as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Pack mail-order prescriptions for shipment
- Check prescriptions against accompanying paperwork for accuracy and completeness
- Ensure that each prescription is packed with the correct patient's medications and paperwork
- Accurately sort mail-order prescriptions into appropriate boxes
- Ship boxes of mail-order prescriptions to the correct location
- Assist with inventory cycle counting and other pharmacy support duties as assigned
- Answer and respond to telephone calls in courteous, professional manner
- Know, understand, and comply with Pharmacy rules and federal/state regulations including but not limited to HIPAA
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to:
- Able to work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend staff meetings, teleconferences and training as needed
- Understand and follow DaVita Rx teammate policies and procedures
- Meet and/or exceed departmental teammate performance standards, including timeliness and focus on job
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position.
- Ability to stand in place for long periods with the potential for frequent interruptions of lengthy walking.
- Ability to lift up between 25 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate complex pharmacy packing, sorting, and shipping automation.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior experience in retail or mail-order pharmacy preferred
- Conversational to fluent language skills in Spanish preferred
- Pharmacy Technician license preferred
- Demonstrated ability in basic math required
- Entry-level computer skills required in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must have a Fun attitude and willing to participate in our FUN Culture at DaVita RX!
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
The DaVita Village is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.