Due to growth and internal promotions our team is looking to bring on a new Help Desk Technician in our Brentwood, TN Headquarters. The right person has the ability solve IT problems in a timely manner, document known issues and solutions, work with project teams to gather product and process knowledge, and escalate (when necessary) to minimize computer downtime for DaVita teammates, partners, and customers. This is an over-the-phone, IT Technical Support position that includes, but is not limited to, supporting desktop applications and programs, network troubleshooting, and clinical application support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using advanced IT Knowledge and problem solving skills, ask the appropriate probing questions to determine, diagnose and solve computer-related issues
- Using advanced IT tools and expertise, apply the appropriate solution to address the issue and resolve the majority of IT incidents encountered at first contact, in a timely manner
- Provide on-call support as scheduled during non-business hours
- Log and document trouble-shooting steps taken, and solutions applied, in a manner consistent with current knowledgebase practices
- When necessary, escalate incidents to the appropriate next level support team
- Communicate with customers, providing status updates and follow-up to ensure satisfaction
- Communicate trends and undocumented issues to supervisor, Falcon EHR Support Team, or appropriate Project team
- Complete additional tasks and projects as assigned by Service Desk leadership
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems (or similar technical major) from an accredited college (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Six months of related experience
- A combination of experience and/or technical certifications may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements
- Advanced knowledge of computer, printer, and network troubleshooting and installation procedures
- Advanced ability to diagnose and troubleshoot Microsoft products
- Advanced IT knowledge of, and ability to solve issues with, DaVita’s clinical applications
- Ability to work evenings , weekend, and holiday coverage as needed and scheduled
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- Ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment
About Information Technology
The Information Technology Department designs, develops and maintains software programs required to keep DaVita on the leading edge of medical technology. DaVita's Information Technology Department has both clinic facing and non-clinic facing subgroups that provide our clinician teammates the tools to provide quality patient care. DaVita IT utilizes designers, developers, system architects, project managers, application architects, nurses, trainers and many more professionals to incorporate the technology needs of our clinicians, business and physician customers.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.