The Patient Educator teaches and educates patients, physicians, and teammates on CKD and ESRD modality options including lifestyle benefits, challenges, techniques and alternatives within a division or group.
The Patient Educator will assess existing modality education programs, recommends changes, and implements improvements as appropriate. This position also monitors and analyzes modality metrics, and participates in developing, revising, reviewing, and implementing modality options, policies, and procedures.
This position will require travel require day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate and inform patients, patient families, and teammates about treatment options; provide assistance with dialysis transitions as required
- Work with on-site social workers and dietitians to identify and educate potential and existing patients on specific modality
- Implement and coordinate CKD and ESRD modality options program as needed
- Monitor, trend, and report modality metrics including but not limited to original patient modality, modalities patients transition to throughout dialysis treatment, and percent of patients that begin in-center dialysis with a fistula
- Identify areas for improvement; recommend action plans to address
- Participate in CQI meetings to ensure areas for improvement are addressed and appropriate action plans are formulated per policy and procedure
- Identify and communicate best practices
- Identify, develop, implement, and monitor facility specific therapy goals in collaboration with Regional Operations Directors, Facility Administrators, and Clinical Services Specialists
- Develop and/or implement marketing initiatives as necessary for the assigned area; collaborate with DaVita Medical Directors and attending nephrologists to improve ESRD referral base and practice growth and/or host education programs
- Create local partnerships to increase awareness of options for pre-ESRD patients within community and with physicians
- Collaborate with facility administrators to implement marketing aligned with individual facility management action plans
- Provide education to partnered nephrologists and primary care physicians regarding each modality as treatment options
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- Track and report patients contacted and individual patient statistics as applicable
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedure
Associate’s degree or higher in Nursing, Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or Dietetics, or Master’s degree in Social Work required
- Travel required is up to 75% depending on business needs - local day travel
Minimum of one (1) year’s nephrology experience required; home dialysis experience preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of chronic, peritoneal, nocturnal, and home hemodialysis required
Demonstrated knowledge of bundling required
Experience in case management, home health, disease management, or hospice preferred
Minimum of one (1) year of experience educating patients on ESRD and CKD programs strongly preferred
Experience in teaching the adult learner with demonstrated ability to recognize and customize education to individual learning styles preferred
Current CPR certification required
Current driver’s license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence required
Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required; functional proficiency with DaVita applications including but not limited to SNAPPY, Reggie, Laboratory, and D.U.C.K. required within 90 days of employment or position change
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.