GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position coordinates patient scheduling, outreach, and communication activities in a <?xml:namespace prefix = "st1" />Lifeline Vascular Access Center. This position also maintains patient charts, handles physician correspondence, answers telephones, manages patient flow, and supports central billing functions by gathering insurance information, physician referrals, and insurance pre-authorizations.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
· Review patient schedules to maximize patient service (check for cancellations and add in patients; check availability to accommodate an emergency patient; pull patient charts and records as appropriate)
· May open the access center on a daily basis
· Perform administrative support activities such as correspondence, filing, faxing, mailing, etc. as necessary or assigned
· Answer and route incoming telephone calls appropriately
· Monitor, maintain, and order office supplies and equipment as instructed
· Serve as liaison between center physicians and referring physicians; ensure vascular access procedure results are forwarded to the referring physician and the patient’s treating dialysis facility
· Verify patient insurance and obtain necessary referrals
· Coordinate dialysis treatments for patients and facilitate patient transportation scheduling in accordance with Lifeline’s policies if needed
· Forward billing information to appropriate central resource
· Maintain patient confidentiality; know and adhere to all HIPAA regulations
· Participate in community education activities and programs
o Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
o Work in another center location if needed
o Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
o Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required):
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a healthcare or medical billing office required demonstrating:
o Understanding of medical terminology
o Experience verifying insurance with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payors
o Experience in obtaining pre-authorizations and/or referrals from insurance carriers
· Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
o Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding in person and to phone calls from patients, teammates, and physicians
· Strong data entry, organizational, attention to detail, and follow through skills
· Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and within a team and to foster a positive work environment
· Strong patient service skills and commitment to service and flexibility
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching; moderate range of body motions.
· Ability to hear and interact by phone clearly and efficiently.
· Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.