Integrated Care Clinical Pharmacist
DaVita Rx, located in Coppell, TX is seeking an experienced Clinical Pharmacist to join our fast paced team.
Will perform telephonic MTM (medication therapy management) and comprehensive medication reviews for end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patients. Will identify medication-related issues, and to drive those identified issues to resolution in collaboration with beneficiaries’ caregivers, prescribers, and/or other healthcare providers; to share information with other healthcare providers.
The work hours for this position are Monday through Friday 12:00 noon to 9:00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Medication Therapy Management, specific to ESRD patients. Work with the patient’s healthcare provider team, including nurses and physicians to identify medication-related issues, and drive to resolve those identified issues with beneficiaries and/or their caregivers.
Work with patient and caregivers to identify reasons and barriers to adherence; provide behavioral counseling and motivational interviewing to patient and/or caregiver
Work closely with an interdisciplinary healthcare team that cares for the patient, including nurses and nurse practitioners
Keep up with the latest practice guidelines, including how to apply them to the treatment of ESRD patients
- The Pharmacists in the DaVita Rx Pharmacy receive incoming phone calls, voicemail and faxed new participant prescriptions.
- Maintains strong knowledge of DaVita Rx policies and procedures and applies them consistently.
- Maintains knowledge of Pharmacy rules and government regulations and dispenses accordingly.
- Consults with physicians and/or nursing staff regarding medication interactions or patient reactions to medications.
- Provides patient counseling and answers a variety of questions as presented by the patient or caregivers
- May assist in the supervision and training of Pharmacy Technician and other DaVita Rx teammates.
- Assists with quality improvement initiatives, inventory and drug file maintenance.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of disease specific needs of the patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Demonstrates "leadership by example" in projecting a positive attitude, and involvement in DaVita Rx teammate activities.
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx is a full-service pharmacy specializing in complex conditions. Originally founded in 2005 as a kidney care pharmacy, DaVita Rx has expanded into other disease states. We now dispense prescriptions in more than 40 therapeutic classes, allowing us to care for more patients than ever before. With operations in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas, DaVita Rx serves more than 165,000 patients nationwide.
With the tools and expertise needed to improve care, DaVita Rx is a valuable partner to patients, caregivers and providers. Our core services are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of kidney patients, and we are also building dedicated platforms to provide specialized pharmacy care for individuals with other complex conditions.
We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented, clinically trained, and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to delivering on our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care in an effort to help improve our patients' lives. Not only does Davita Rx have a compelling mission, but we also have unique entrepreneurial opportunities. As a rapidly growing subsidiary of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Rx | Ticker: DVA), our teammates enjoy an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where they can truly make an impact.
- "At DaVita Rx, teammates have a voice. Because we're a relatively new company, you can contribute to how we improve processes and improve the service we give patients. You get a huge sense of reward as a front-line teammate impacting the business." - Chip S, Certified Pharmacy Tech/Team Lead
The Shining Star for this role has the following licenses, education, skills and experience:
Doctoral degree in Pharmacy
Registered Pharmacist in Good Standing with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
Must have experience in Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
Bilingual in Spanish and previous training in behavioral counseling and motivational interviewing is a plus
Registered Pharmacist with a specialization in Kidney care with experience in: Understanding in-depth renal disease states for CKD and ESRD patients.
Understanding co-morbidities relating to CKD and ESRD, such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Fluid Management, and COPD is preferred
Board Certified with the Board of Pharmacy Specialties is preferred but not required.
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.