CORPORATE/REAL ESTATE COUNSEL
Corporate/Real Estate Counsel
Justice League of DaVita
DaVita Inc. (NYSE:DVA), DaVita Inc., a Fortune 500® company, is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of March 31, 2017, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,382 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 189,400 patients. The company also operated 162 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States. DaVita Kidney Care supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts are recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita Medical Group is a division of DaVita Inc. that operates and manages medical groups and affiliated physician networks in California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Washington. A leading independent medical group in America, DaVita Medical Group has over two decades of experience providing coordinated, outcomes-based medical care in a cost-effective manner. DaVita Medical Group's teammates, employed clinicians and affiliated clinicians provided care for approximately 1.7 million patients.
DaVita—which is Italian for "giving life"—has more than 70,800 teammates (employees) working to provide superior patient care and exemplify the company’s Core Values:
• Service Excellence: Serving others — our reason for existing.
• Integrity: We say what we believe, and we do what we say. We are trusted because we are trustworthy.
• Team: One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals.
• Continuous Improvement: We never stand still; we are never satisfied.
• Accountability: We don't say, "It's not my fault," or "It's not my job." We take responsibility for meeting our commitments — our personal ones as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.
• Fulfillment: We make a difference. We feel rewarded — personally and as a team — because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams.
• Fun: We enjoy what we do. We know healthcare is hard work; but even hard work can be fun.
DaVita's well-regarded law department counsels all businesses of the Company and provides legal support for all transactions. The attorneys are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
• Reports to Assistant General Counsel – Real Estate.
• Position to be based at DaVita's corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado
• Primary role of the position is to oversee the approval, drafting and administration of DaVita’s sublease portfolio and support other Compliance and Justice League Teammates in real estate related disputes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure compliant documentation and administration of potential referral source sublease agreements
• Resolving real estate related business disputes, and if necessary, co-managing litigation with DaVita’s litigation counsel.
• Coordinating and helping to oversee the real estate related work product of company paralegals and outside counsel.
• Ensuring sublease and real estate processes and agreements are state of the art and minimize delays in process.
• Training and educating lawyers and operations on sublease related issues and process.
• Managing process to ensure all required DaVita approvals are being received and appropriately documented.
• Performing special assignments or projects as assigned.
• Support and collaborate with other areas of the JLD and Compliance as needed.
• J.D. Degree with minimum 3 years of legal experience in real-estate negotiations and related healthcare compliance issues.
• Candidates who have in-house experience and possess experience representing clients with large real estate portfolios will receive first consideration.
• General understanding of relevant health care compliance issues (i.e., Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark, HIPAA).
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Experience managing outside counsel and paralegals is a plus.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.