Be different. Do what you love.
Use your natural gift of education and persuasion to help patients and
their families cope with the effects of kidney disease. Life on dialysis can be
a difficult transition for many patients-and you'll be there to support and
advocate for them. In this vital role, you will help patients understand their
rights and responsibilities, and guide them in managing the physical, mental,
emotional and financial demands of End Stage Renal Disease.
If you love patient-centered health care with real relationships inside a
company that encourages fun on and off the clock, then DaVita is the place for
We offer career options to fit your lifestyle.
- PRN position, would work 1 day/ 8 hr shift per week
- Flexible schedule
- Assess dialysis patients weekly
- LMSW required
- No dialysis experience required, willing to train!
Here is what you can expect when you join our
Village as a Social Worker:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help
you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your
financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney
failure across the nation.
DaVita Inc., a FORTUNE 500® company, is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients' quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services. As of March 31, 2012, DaVita operated or provided administrative services at 1,841 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States, serving approximately 145,000 patients. The company also operated 15 outpatient dialysis centers located in three countries outside the United States. DaVita supports numerous programs dedicated to creating positive, sustainable change in communities around the world. The company's leadership development initiatives and social responsibility efforts have been recognized by Fortune, Modern Healthcare, Newsweek and WorldBlu.
DaVita - which is Italian for "giving life" - has more than 41,000 teammates (employees) around the nation working to provide superior patient care and exemplify the company's Core Values:
- Service Excellence: Serving others - our reason for existing.
- Integrity: We say what we believe, and we do what we say. We are trusted because we are trustworthy.
- Team: One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals.
- Continuous Improvement: We never stand still; we are never satisfied.
- Accountability: We don't say, "It's not my fault," or "It's not my job." We take responsibility for meeting our commitments - our personal ones as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.
- Fulfillment: We make a difference. We feel rewarded - personally and as a team - because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams.
- Fun: We enjoy what we do. We know kidney dialysis is hard work; but even hard work can be fun.
- Licensed or registered in the state of practice as required by state
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) required with a specialization in
- Two years of experience as a social worker in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated knowledge of government and private insurance programs
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as
functional proficiency with DaVita specific applications within 60 days
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.