GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position is responsible for managing multi-line claims, including Workers’ Compensation, Property, and other assigned claim losses. The role acts as a direct liaison between management staff, employees (teammates), claim adjusters, carriers, insurance brokers and defense counsel. The position is accountable for handling claim analysis, expediting claim settlements, and providing claims support to teammates at all levels within the Company.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
o Special projects, meetings, phone conferences, claim reviews, and training sessions
o Understand and follow all Company policies, including Claims handling and reporting policies and procedures
o Flexible schedule and ability to travel, if required
· Travel required: up to 10%
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
· Bachelor’s degree in related area required
· Workers’ Compensation industry certification in multiple jurisdictions including but not limited to industry certificates such as WCCP, WCCA, etc.
· Require a minimum of five years’ experience managing multiple line claims, including Workers’ Compensation
· Must have intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, MS Outlook, and PowerPoint)
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
· Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, critical thinking, and innovative problem solving skills
· Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
· Ability to lift minimum of 5 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time and to perform some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting; moderate range of body motions
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic). No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions. Normal hazards associated with business travel.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.