This is a per-diem, day shift position. We are looking for an Access Center Coordinator at our Solano Dialysis Access Center located at 127 Hospital Drive, Suite 127. Vallejo, CA 94589.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position coordinates patient scheduling, outreach and communication activities in a Lifeline Vascular Access Center. This position also maintains patient charts, handles physician correspondence, answers telephones, manages patient flow and supports central billing functions by gathering insurance information, physician referrals and insurance pre-authorizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Review patient schedules to maximize patient service (check for cancellations and add in patients; check availability to accommodate an emergency patient; pull patient charts and records as appropriate)
- May open the access center on a daily basis
- Perform administrative support activities such as correspondence, filing, faxing, mailing, etc., as necessary or assigned
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls appropriately
- Monitor, maintain and order office supplies and equipment as instructed
- Serve as liaison between physicians and referring facilities; ensure vascular access procedure results are forwarded to the dialysis facility and referring physician
- Verify patient insurance and obtain referrals if necessary
- Coordinate dialysis treatments for patients and transportation if needed
- Forward billing information to appropriate central resource
- Maintain patient confidentiality; know and adhere to all HIPPA regulations
- Participate in community education activities and programs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Work in another center location if needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences and training as needed
- Know, understand and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies and department or company procedures
- Know, understand and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Education, licenses, certifications and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, including computer skills as required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of two years of experience in a healthcare or medical billing office required, demonstrating:
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Experience verifying insurance with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payors
- Experience in obtaining pre-authorizations and/or referrals from insurance carriers
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION:
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced, ever-changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse types of individuals
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding in person and to phone calls from patients, teammates and physicians
- Strong data entry, organizational, attention-to-detail and follow-through skills
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and within a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Strong patient service skills and commitment to service and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning information accessed
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties and responsibilities of the position
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift minimum of two pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching; moderate range of body motions.
- Ability to hear and interact by phone clearly and efficiently.
- Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time.
- Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
- No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
Lifeline Vascular Access
works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 70 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,800 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population. Visit our website athttp://www.lifelinevascularaccess.com/
. Apply online at http://www.careers.davita.com/
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.