GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Supervisor, Clinical Operations supervises and coordinates daily activities of the clinical research unit to
ensure subject safety and care and to ensure that protocol specifications and sponsor requirements are met.
Position provides clinical leadership to teammates along with subject/patient care in accordance with DaVita
Healthcare Policies, Procedures and Guidelines, OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations. This position reports
to the Director, Clinical Operations.
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx is a full-service pharmacy specializing in complex conditions. Originally founded in 2005 as a kidney care pharmacy, DaVita Rx has expanded into other disease states. We now dispense prescriptions in more than 40 therapeutic classes, allowing us to care for more patients than ever before. With operations in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas, DaVita Rx serves more than 165,000 patients nationwide.
With the tools and expertise needed to improve care, DaVita Rx is a valuable partner to patients, caregivers and providers. Our core services are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of kidney patients, and we are also building dedicated platforms to provide specialized pharmacy care for individuals with other complex conditions.
We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented, clinically trained, and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to delivering on our promise to provide the highest levels of quality care in an effort to help improve our patients' lives. Not only does Davita Rx have a compelling mission, but we also have unique entrepreneurial opportunities. As a rapidly growing subsidiary of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Rx | Ticker: DVA), our teammates enjoy an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where they can truly make an impact.
- "At DaVita Rx, teammates have a voice. Because we're a relatively new company, you can contribute to how we improve processes and improve the service we give patients. You get a huge sense of reward as a front-line teammate impacting the business." - Chip S, Certified Pharmacy Tech/Team Lead
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises recruitment, hiring, retention, performance
development/management and teammate relations, salary adjustments and
terminations of Research Assistants and Patient Care Technician
- Ensures adequate staffing to provide safety monitoring of
subjects and coverage of protocol required events
- Creates Teammate (TM) schedules and/or daily study event
assignments and communicate staffing needs or concerns to Director, Clinical
- Communicates subject and/or trial-related information,
updates and concerns to Investigators, Project Managers, Project Coordinators
and Operational leadership, as necessary
- Maintains knowledge of research protocols and supervise the
training of existing and new clinical teammates to ensure competency in
conducting trial procedures or resource projects
- Participates in clinical floor activities as required;
monitor study events on a daily basis and make adjustments to staff assignments
- Knows, understands, and follows teammate guidelines,
employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Other duties as assigned
The shining star in this role should have:
- Minimum of MA/PCT with 3 years of experience.
- Minimum of 1 year Clinical Research Experience preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year in a management or leadership role
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
required; functional proficiency in all computer systems within 90 days of hire
or promotion required
- Travel may be required occasionally at less than 5%.
- Evening/night/weekend work required
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - 10 years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
To learn more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.