Labor Relations Business Partner is responsible for executing a union awareness
strategy that supports business objectives and mitigates risk to our
Village. The position will work with
field leadership to address union activity and work as a project manager on
proactive programs to help support positive teammates relations consistent with
our core values. As such, the successful candidate will have employee and labor
relations experience, significant subject matter knowledge, and experience
identifying and responding to campaigns.
Balancing time between projects
and crisis-response is critical for success in this role.
position will be based in Denver and report to the Director of People Services
& Labor Relations Strategy. Applicants in other US geographies will be
considered if they have the demonstrated ability to work remotely. Travel will be unpredictable; up to 60% of
- Partners with operations leaders and
People Services teams to create and sustain positive employee relations
programs and best demonstrated practices
- Creates, customizes and conducts labor
relations training sessions for teammates and leadership
- Develops communications to support
avoidance initiatives and election campaigns
- Oversees and coordinates all aspects
of labor relations projects and programs.
Monitors the projects from initiation through delivery. Assesses project issues and develops
resolutions ensuring completion is on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Researches labor relations
legislation and employee relations trends to analyze the impact on current
policies, programs and processes
- Leverages analytics to proactively identify
and take action on any potential organizing activity and teammate engagement
- Advises leadership during a union
organizing campaign, meets with supervisors/managers to help formulate and
deliver key strategies
- Acts as trusted advisor, coaching,
counseling, challenging and influencing leaders
- Interprets and drives action
planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assesses facility
“temperature”, and identifies the need for manager capability/competency
building for assigned clinics or groups
- Additional duties as assigned
- Adult Learning and Training Delivery
- Business Acumen
- Coaching and Influencing Others
- Cultivating Business Partnerships
- Driving for Results
- High-Impact Communication
- Leadership Disposition
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of labor relations, including
relevant laws, legal codes, procedures, precedents, government regulations,
executive orders, and agency rules
- Commitment to DaVita's core values with ability to
demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates,
management, physicians and/or vendors in every day performance
- Able to exercise considerable judgment, discretion, and
- Able to interact internally and externally with all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional
- Comfortable working with imperfect information and tight
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications
- Consultative and coaching skills
- Proven experience owning strategic initiatives, implementing
change management and organizational development strategies
- Able to travel up to 50-60% of time (can be
- Bachelor’s Degree in Labor/Industrial Relations, Human
Resources, or a relevant field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Five (5) or more years of HR experience; three (3) years of which must have been
in labor/employee relations working on union awareness initiatives and labor strategy
- Successful track record working on proactive programs for
union avoidance and employee retention (NLRB election campaigns, campaign
communications, strategy, strike strategy, contingency planning and project
- SHRM Certified Professional (PHR) or Senior Professional
- Large, multi-site company experience preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job
recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing
themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake
DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to
obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more
about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.