General Purpose of the Job:
The Specimen Processor I receives, prepares and accessions laboratory specimens for designated departments/locations prior to laboratory analysis and testing. Assist laboratory teammates with other delegated tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloads and unpacks specimens and routes specimens by type to various staging areas
- Cuts boxes, processes air bills, records shipments
- Receives, processes, and accessions all specimens for testing in designated laboratory departments
- Records refrigerator temperatures if not on the automated recording system according to Accessioning policies and procedures
- Performs and records department maintenance for functions and equipment used daily
- Maintains an active role in the laboratory quality improvement program, including performance and evaluation of key laboratory outcome indicators
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Notifying supervisor and/or technical section of potential or existing concerns
- Following the established policies and procedures to meet regulatory and accrediting agency’s requirements
- Practicing infection control and safety practices and maintain a clean and organized work area
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.