GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Technologist I, Medical position performs waived, moderately and highly complex laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease following established laboratory policy and procedures. Evaluates and interprets laboratory test results. Maintains accurate records, laboratory workspace, and laboratory equipment. Works under the supervision of the Department Manager, Laboratory Supervisor, or technologist with 6 years plus experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs established routine and/or special technical procedures on blood, urine, body fluids, or other specimens in one or more areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, or Serology.
- Performs established routine and/or special culture preparation for various sources using bacteriologic or mycological procedures.
- Performs established routine and/or special culture preparation for aerobic, anaerobic, fungus, blood, water or other specimens and processes.
- Reads and interprets cultures and microscopic stains in the area of Microbiology.
- Identifies, researches, and follows-up on issues and concerns with specimens and requisitions.
- Analyzes laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results and ensure promptness of test results; reports test results to the appropriate care giver directly or through the direction of department manager or designee.
- Operates, calibrates, or maintains equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis
- Prepares, handles and stores reagents using department guidelines; maintains adequate levels of stock
- Adheres to laboratory quality control program
- Releases data from analysis of medical tests or clinical results into computer
- Reports abnormal findings to section manager or designee; applies understanding of procedural and clinical implications of analysis
- Reviews workflow reports, documents work activities and reports pending work to oncoming technologist to ensure team goal for meeting Turnaround Time (TAT) and workload continuity
- Ensures accurate and prompt test results are reported to the appropriate caregiver, especially in critical or life-threatening situations
- Participates in laboratory quality control and quality improvement programs
- Documents quality controls and key laboratory outcome indicators
- Applies established policies and procedures to meet and exceed regulatory and accrediting agencies’ requirements
- Practices infection control and bio-hazardous specimen safety precautions; keeps work area clean and organized
- Assists with other department functions as requested
- Receives and processes specimen, answer telephone and greet department guests;
- Other duties as assigned
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video
to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home.
- Bachelor degree in Medical Technology, biological sciences or related science field is required.
- Certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (i.e. ASCP, AMT) is required.
- Current State of Florida license as a Technologist in Hematology, Chemistry, Serology, Microbiology or related field is required.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel and outlook, basic proficiency in MS Word required
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.