No Brag, Just Fact!
Over the last decade, we set out to be the world's greatest dialysis company, and over the next decade, we're poised to build the greatest healthcare community the world has ever seen. When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality, we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning
environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
DAVITA RX and the GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
DaVita Rx is the largest Renal Pharmacy in the United States serving more than 70,000 patients in 44 states through three high-capacity pharmacies located in Texas, California and Florida. Created in 2005, Rx’s original purpose was to deliver prescriptions drugs to patients receiving care in DaVita’s dialysis clinics and to dramatically improve pharmacy care for patients suffering from renal disease.
This position calls for an attorney who is looking to bring their career to the next level. They will routinely interact with business and operational leaders of the company. This attorney will provide legal guidance and support to DaVita Rx on contracting and operations matters.
MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY
DaVita Rx is a wholly owned subsidiary of DaVita Inc. (“DaVita”), a Fortune 250® company. DaVita is the parent company of DaVita Kidney Care and DaVita Medical Group. DaVita Kidney Care is a leading provider of kidney care in the United States, delivering dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita Kidney Care consistently differentiates itself from other kidney care companies and surpasses national averages for clinical outcomes. As of September 30, 2016, DaVita Kidney Care operated or provided administrative services at 2,318 outpatient dialysis centers located in the United States serving approximately 199,000 patients, as well as operated 139 outpatient dialysis centers located in 11 countries outside the United States.
The DaVita in-house legal team is known as the “Justice League.” The Justice League comprises over 300 attorneys, paralegals, and professionals. The Justice League counsels all businesses of DaVita. DaVita’s attorneys, including DaVita Rx attorneys, are viewed as strategic business partners and work closely with each other and with senior management on a daily basis. The Justice League values diversity, support and respect for each other, analytical rigor, commitment to professional development, and a passion for excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- The successful candidate does not necessarily need to have experience in pharmacy contracting or operations, however, they need to have experience in the healthcare provider, supplier or contractor space and be highly motivated to expand their existing skill sets to become expert in these areas.
- Serve as legal counsel for the day-to-day operations of DaVita Rx and for its contracts and transactions.
- Provide legal support for commercial contracting, drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including purchasing and outsourcing.
- Drive risk mitigation and negotiation strategies for key supplier relationships. Maintain a deep understanding of the business, advising senior management on legal risks and assisting in development of creative solutions as a member of the team, not solely as the legal advisor.
- Continuous improvement of contracting processes, including creation and/or improvement of toolkits and templates in order to reduce deal cycle times and refine standard contract term.
- Assist and collaborate with other DaVita Rx and Legal Department (JLD) attorneys, paralegals and teammates.
- Manage outside counsel, including leading fee negotiations and developing and managing budget.
- Live, uphold and model Company’s core values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with the ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively in daily performance and communication.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
- J.D. Degree with minimum six years legal experience preferably in the healthcare provider, pharmaceutical or medical device industry.
- Expertise in contracting and in health care related operations legal issues.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Expert communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage several matters simultaneously in a fast-paced workplace environment.
- High degree of maturity and professionalism.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one state.
- This position will involve some travel either to Denver or to Dallas.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions.
- Ability to distill and articulate complex legal concepts into clear and crisp “plain English” that clients can readily understand and apply.
- Work with clients proactively to identify risks and ensure appropriate risk mitigation strategies are employed.
- Provide valuable advice and counsel within the context of the broader business and enterprise level objectives.
- Proactively communicate and manage expectations with multiple constituencies.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated business acumen, including the ability to see the “big picture” as well as the relationship of very detailed and specific business issues.
- High degree of organization and efficiency with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Hands-on, efficient, and proven ability to “Get [a lot of] Stuff Done” with a basis for action and strong sense of ownership.
- A commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Candid and personally secure.
- Ability and willingness to seek and receive feedback constructively as development opportunities.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.