GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
This position assists the clinical team with vascular access procedures, maintaining a sterile field, and providing support during pre- and post procedure activities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Assist clinical team with patient and procedure room preparation and post-procedure clean-up
- Assist in interventional procedures by operating the C-Arm, scrub-in for procedures including but not limited to angiograms, angioplasty, thrombectomy, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis catheters, vein mapping, and accessory vein ligation; clean and sterilize instruments
- Maintain sterile field during procedures and notify Interventionalist of any break in sterile procedure which may compromise the procedure or patient safety
- Count needles, sponges and instruments as required
- Track use of medications and supplies during procedures
- Monitor and maintain adequate inventory of medical supplies both for the center and in the procedure room
- Assist as needed with the effective operation of the vascular access center
- Maintain radiology safety-monitoring procedures and serve as the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) for the center
- Assist in scheduling patients for vascular access procedures and provide assistance in transporting patients within the center
- Participate in community education activities regarding access center
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Work in other centers as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
Lifeline Vascular Access works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 60 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,300 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification required; Cardiovascular-Interventional Radiology (CV-IR) certification preferred
- State license and/or fluoroscopic permit to practice radiologic technology if required by state law
- Associate’s Degree in Science or successful completion of a formal educational program accepted by ARRT required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in general diagnostic, special procedures, or cardiac catheterization required with demonstrated knowledge of sterile techniques
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels across the company
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and within a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated exactness in attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, continuing education support, and tuition reimbursement. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.