GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This position obtains new and existing prescription renewals from dialysis facilities and/or physician offices through verbal authorizations received via inbound/outbound calls as well as creating and faxing new and/or renewal prescription requests. This position secures prescription orders for patients whose prescriptions are not on file or for existing prescriptions that have no refills in order to ensure continuous medical prescriptive support for patients.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Receive inbound calls from dialysis facilities and/or physician offices and initiate outbound calls to obtain new and/or existing prescription orders
- Initiate outbound calls to prescribing physician’s office to validate authenticity of prescriptions received via fax from non-prescribing facility or physician’s office
- Initiate outbound calls to prescribing facilities or physician’s office to clarify missing or illegible information on new and renewal prescriptions received via fax
- Forward prescriptions to Imaging Department in timely manner to initiate the prescription fulfillment process
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Work overtime with little or no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
About DaVita Rx
DaVita Rx is a full-service pharmacy specializing in complex conditions. Originally founded in 2005 as a kidney care pharmacy, DaVita Rx has expanded into other disease states. We now dispense prescriptions in more than 40 therapeutic classes, allowing us to care for more patients than ever before. With operations in Arizona, California, Florida and Texas, DaVita Rx serves more than 165,000 patients nationwide.
With the tools and expertise needed to improve care, DaVita Rx is a valuable partner to patients, caregivers and providers. Our core services are specifically designed to meet the unique needs of kidney patients, and we are also building dedicated platforms to provide specialized pharmacy care for individuals with other complex conditions.
We are a "community first, company second," with a team of extraordinarily committed, talented, clinically trained, and entrepreneurial teammates who care about our patients, our colleagues and our community. We are dedicated to delivering on our promise to provide the highest level of quality care in an effort to help improve our patients' lives. Not only does DaVita Rx have a compelling mission, but we also have unique entrepreneurial opportunities. As a rapidly growing subsidiary of a Fortune 200 company (DaVita Inc. | Ticker:DVA), our teammates enjoy an exciting, challenging, dynamic and fulfilling work environment where they can truly make an impact.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Certified Pharmacy Technician:
- A community first, company second culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Pharmacy Technician Certification required; demonstrate and maintain good standing with State Board of Pharmacy
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- Experience as a Pharmacy Technician in a mail order pharmacy preferred and/or experience in inbound/outbound call center preferred
- Typing speed of 40 wpm required
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and all DaVita Rx specific software
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION:
- Commitment to DaVita’s values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Providers) in everyday performance and interactions
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities in a fast-paced, everchanging and evolving work environment with shifting time frames
- Strong customer service skills and demonstrated commitment to service excellence
- Self-directed; able to work independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated exactness in attention to detail
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude and skill
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization with a focus on providing Service Excellence and building relationships with teammates at all levels
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates and patients
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues and conflicts as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
To lean more about DaVita Rx, including a video, please click here
Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, co-workers, management, physicians, and/or vendors in every day performance and interactions.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.