The IT System Architect’s overall responsibility is to define the architecture for IT Systems specific to the business challenges and projects of the HealthCare Partners division of DaVita. The IT System Architect must bring to bear a set of broad experiences and knowledge across application, data, integration, and infrastructure to support key business initiatives. This role will be technology expert and use solution building blocks to define solution concepts, estimate projects, and define architecture blueprints. In this function, the IT System Architect will be engage through the SDLC focusing on the request/intake processes through discovery, requirements, and design phases. Further this, individual will need to collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to align solutions to enterprise standards and direction and coordinate architecture delivery through the Project Management Office (PMO), Infrastructure and Ops, and Development organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
Responsible for intake scoping, solution concepts and initial cost estimation; system architecture definition at the logical level
Architecture checkpoints and review processes through the SDLC
Teach and mentor solution engineering and technical teams on solution building blocks
Ensure all solutions adhere to enterprise IT principles, standards, and healthcare industry standards and regulations.
Architect overall and end-to-end systems to include the integration of applications, systems, platforms and application technical infrastructure
Provide overall technical guidance to project teammates.
Work closely with solution engineering and development teams and vendors to ensure that a coherent and consistent approach to design, implementation and integration is achieved.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with highly skilled technical individuals.
- Clear overall experience and industry knowledge: distributed systems, mobile, middleware such as Business Process Management, Business Rules Management, Enterprise Service Bus, HA database, highly available architectures, data/service virtualization, master data, data warehousing and enterprise reporting
- Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture & domain-driven architecture
- Expert knowledge and experience in architecting BPM driven solutions
- Expert knowledge and experience on OO design & principles and UML modeling
- Strong understanding of Microservices architectures
- Expansive knowledge of issues related to Microservices infrastructures
- Prior hands-on experience in developing and deploying Microservices solutions
- Experience in working with Docker container
- Operational knowledge on Container Orchestration using Docker Data Center, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with technologies used for service registry like Etcd, Consul, Zookeeper, Curator, Eureka etc.
- Proven track record in successfully implementing solutions using distributed streaming platforms such as Kafka
- Proven track record in successfully implementing solutions using Elastic Stack for data aggregation, visualization and distributed system consumption
- Working knowledge of Spring Cloud Netflix
- Experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system
- Expert level programming skills in Java
- Strong familiarity with web servers and load balancing technologies.
- Experience in use of source code management system like git and build tools like ant, and maven.
- Experience working with Node.js, Nginx, ha_proxy