General Purpose of the Job:
Reporting to the Director of Operations Strategy and Innovation (VillageHealth), the Manager of Operational Excellence is responsible for leading key initiatives related to the reporting, development, growth, operations, clinical and financial performance, and governance of integrated care demonstration programs. This high profile position works effectively with leadership across multiple functional areas to drive all teams to execute on business goals against program deadlines. The Manager of Operational Excellence will also act as a liaison between the business team, local market operations, and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), effectively advocating for policy changes, and will maintain internal and external communications with all stakeholders in support of integrated care programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Owns reporting on quality measures and ensures all logic and coding is correct to ensure we maximize financial performance, partnering with the reporting team and others for execution
• Leads cross-functional Six Sigma DMAIC-style projects, using strong analytical, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
• Collaborates to improve patient experience within specific markets and manages follow-through on initiatives, action items, etc.
• Contributes to the growth and expansion of ESRD Seamless Care Organizations (ESCOs) nationally; identifies strategic opportunities and mitigates potential risk
• Presents progress toward achieving ESCO financial and clinical performance goals to internal and external senior leadership audiences
• Create and sustain new operational processes by designing and implementing pilots, getting stakeholder buy-in, measuring success, and providing necessary ongoing support
• Conveys findings in a cohesive story, including summarizing insights from analysis; Builds appropriate horizontal and vertical logic in presentation decks
• Identifies gaps in change management, roles, workflow, and systems needed to achieve our short and long term goals
• Partners with Operations, Legal and Compliance teams to coordinate annual CMMI documentation audit
• Actively engages in preparation of business memorandums and updates to participating agreements
• Acquires expert knowledge of competitive ACO programs and external factors within each operations market
• Recommends practical and creative solutions to solving problems, developing standard, well-organized, and repeatable approaches
• Develops and executes on detailed project plans and regularly provides appropriate supporting analysis and reporting on key metrics, tracking progress relative to goals
All About VillageHealth.
VillageHealth is a Strategic Business Initiative of DaVita and is comprised of a dedicated team of specially trained nurses and professionals providing integrated care management to patients with kidney disease throughout the US. We provide services to help improve the lives of our patients by working with them to prevent complications, reduce the number of avoidable hospitalizations and improve overall health.
Let's face it…the world of healthcare is dynamic and moves at the speed of light. Unlike many healthcare companies in the market today, we acknowledge that our teammates are our most important asset and we want to help them to feel fulfilled in their careers.
When you join the DaVita Village, you're joining a winning team. Through our commitment to training, growth and quality we consistently achieve superior clinical outcomes while giving teammates the opportunity to excel in an award-winning environment that enables them to thrive both professionally and personally.
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
• Bachelor's degree
• Potential up to 25% travel
• Minimum of four years of experience preferred; consulting, finance, corporate strategy, or regulatory a plus
• Healthcare and Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to communicated complex issues/ideas effectively and efficiently
• Personal values align with DaVita’s Core Values of: service excellence, integrity, team, continuous improvement, accountability, fulfillment, and fun.
• Prior experience creating content for and presenting to senior leadership preferred
• Deals with confidential information and/or issues thoughtfully with discretion
• Advanced computer proficiency and skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and a knowledge of Sequel preferred
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.