What you do as a Dialysis RN is vitally important and makes an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As part of our professional team of clinicians for our Wyandotte County Clinic , you will ensure the compassionate, professional delivery of all dialysis-related nursing services in an outpatient setting.
Come be apart of our Kansas City, KS team !
We provide training in dialysis
As a Registered Nurse at DaVita you will constantly be on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome. Make the most of your nursing skills to provide the highest level of care to our patients and ensure their safety, comfort, and well-being.
As a Staff Registered Nurse (Hemodialysis RN) you see your patients three to four times each week for a few hours at a time; while they receive their treatments. The dialysis lifestyle can be very trying for our patients. By forming relationships with them, our nurses understand each patient's unique needs and help ease some of their burden.
Patients - Help patients improve their quality of life by delivering outstanding clinical outcomes in a chronic setting.
Relationships - Build long-term bonds with your patients and their families.
Team - Your team supports one another and creates a fun work environment.
Clinical Leader- DaVita is the top performer with more 4 and 5 STAR dialysis centers according to CMS.
We definitely work as a Team. It can be stressful at times and having a good Team means that we all help each other out despite our job title. I've worked in other clinics and there is nothing like what we have here. - Elizabeth B.
A Qualified Registered Nurse (Staff RN) shining star should bring:
- Current/ Good Standing Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Kansas **
- Current CPR certification required
- 12 months' or more RN experience is highly preferred; will consider less than 12 months' RN experience **
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience is preferred ; will consider all areas of nursing
- Dialysis experience is highly preferred
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) preferred
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N) preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
- Must be flexible with days and hours ** Clinic is open Monday - Saturday from 5am - 9pm ** RN will work 3 to 4 days a week between 10 - 12 shifts ; must be able to rotate shifts and days ** will require two Saturdays a month as part of schedule
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire
Visit: http://www.careers.davita.com/ to learn more about our unique culture and apply.
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.<?xml:namespace prefix = "o" />
Learn More: http://careers.davita.com/JobRecruitmentScamNotice
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.