(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in customer service, healthcare organization and/or insurance company
- Experience in a healthcare organization working with a clinical team and patients strongly preferred
- Demonstrative extensive understanding of insurance plans and benefits (PPO, HMO, POS, EPO, Indemnity) required
- Demonstrative understanding of COBRA benefit options and Coordination of Benefits strongly preferred
- Demonstrative understanding of Federal and State level health coverage benefits as they relate to ESRD strongly preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Commitment to DaVita's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with an acute ability to listen attentively and to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization, external insurance companies, and patients
- Ability to explain insurance information to audiences with varying degrees of familiarity with material
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
- Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups and field operators
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills
- Approachable and open
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities with shifting time frames and meet deadlines; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
- Ability to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required; ability to provide multi-level reporting and communication
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning information accessed
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Vision adequate to perform essential duties and responsibilities of position.
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities:
Ability to lift minimum of 2 pounds to a maximum of 15 pounds unassisted; able to sit for extended periods of time with some standing, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching; moderate range of body motions.
Ability to hear and interact by phone clearly and efficiently.
Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time.
Level III - Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions. Normal hazards associated with business travel.
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.